Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] Adding Power?

1BADHR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 HR Holden, 1992 VP Commodore
yeah i know you mentioned it, but is is worth putting a lumpy or more of a mild cam?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Totally depends on what you're wanting to do mate.
You'll need to find out whether or not its got standard static compression before you go making up your mind with a cam.

Shaun BVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive 202
Im building a VK brock replica and i was going to get a 308 in it but due to the new P plate laws i have to keep with the old 202, so im working it. So far i have done pacemaker extractors 2.25" and sports exhaust system, Redline torquer 2 intake manifold with a 450 holley carby set up, redone valve springs, new belt kit, new mild cam, timing gears and roller rockers all up it has set me back around $1500 (doing most of the work my self with mates help) and now shes running like a dream. With those extractors it sounds like a 308 any way.

Macca97

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 HJ Ute, VR V8 Executive, VS V6 S3 Ute
shave the head get the comp up around 9.8-1 or even 10-1, give the ports a good scratch up, good size cam, atleast 220 @50, port matched manifolds', torker manifold, good extractors and exhaust, 500 2barrel holley, (but get it tuned properly) and you would be up around if not just over the 200hp mark,

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Macca97 why not a small 4 barrel I doubt anyone here cares about the old holden 6 the last hot 6 I built mums camry would blow it to the weeds I'm still going on the ek I might have another try.