Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adelaide memcal dyno tuner

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
anyone out there know the best guys in adelaide or even lonsdale for my vt commo that ive turbocharged?!
Dont want the cheapest if its not the best but i dont wanna spend near the $1000, ive got a memcal that has an online tune made up that just needs to be tweaked Hopefully,
if there is a thread already on this then can you post the link!

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Dont want the cheapest if its not the best but i dont wanna spend near the $1000

1k is a pretty average (probably even slightly below) price for dyno time with a custom setup. Not like an LS where the bolt on setups are fairly similar/common and they just slightly modify a common base tune to suit the car. Not many Delco tuners floating around these days either, so you don't really have the ability to shop around as much.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try Specialty Tuning in the Marion industrial area on Marion Road. It's on the same side as Harvey Norman but a bit closer to the city. Turbo Tune used to be fairly economical but not sure if they are still operating.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Try Specialty Tuning in the Marion industrial area on Marion Road. It's on the same side as Harvey Norman but a bit closer to the city. Turbo Tune used to be fairly economical but not sure if they are still operating.

Turbo tune, on South Road Edwardstown? Near Castle plaza.....Yep, still around....

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Turbo tune, on South Road Edwardstown? Near Castle plaza.....Yep, still around....
Have you got turbo tunes number? The one that comes up when you search doesnt ring

Also specialty tune dont do memcals anymore... the guy they had that did that stuff left

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Have you got turbo tunes number? The one that comes up when you search doesnt ring

Also specialty tune dont do memcals anymore... the guy they had that did that stuff left

No I don't sorry....With it being an hours drive South from me, it's also difficult to pop in and get their number

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
You could get a better mail order tune. Is it just the turbo mod or have you got major engine upgrades? I looked at this blokes site and he seems to really know his stuff.
Ive got the turbo bigger fuel injectors and fuel pump, i have seen some stuff about the mail order tune but idk how they compare to a dyno tune or something along the lines

Just called the guy and he thinks i should dyno it if possible but if i cant find anyone he will try help out

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is it just the turbo mod or have you got major engine upgrades?

Even if it was just the turbo itself that would really necessitate at dyno tune, particularly with the variations in chinese turbos and various different turbo designs and sizes and because the engine has N/A compression. It can be done fairly easily with the L67 because of commonality between parts and setups much like the LS.

Also, pics of your manifolds?

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Even if it was just the turbo itself that would really necessitate at dyno tune, particularly with the variations in chinese turbos and various different turbo designs and sizes and because the engine has N/A compression. It can be done fairly easily with the L67 because of commonality between parts and setups much like the LS.

Also, pics of your manifolds?
Yeah i agree i need tha dyno but i cant find anyone.. when i started i had a guy that could do it for 2000$ so i didnt save his number but at this point kinda wish i kept it.... at the moment i have a feeling the coil pack has **** itself cause its really shaking at idle and in low revs, ill check it tomorrow to see but from the start everything that was old has been replaced during the turbo process cause they all been fcked.

Also the photos aint the best but to be honest its a shitty setup cause the guy who made it left a bit undone so it was cheaper that i had to do which made the crossover lower than the oil sump

Attachments

• 55D6704B-4DFC-41C4-BA6A-5DBC6BD9DFA0.jpeg
    55D6704B-4DFC-41C4-BA6A-5DBC6BD9DFA0.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 1597B662-95DF-41FD-A502-3F7CC6C4FC87.jpeg
    1597B662-95DF-41FD-A502-3F7CC6C4FC87.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 553450D6-9F69-48AF-851B-42CFEFFA3AD3.jpeg
    553450D6-9F69-48AF-851B-42CFEFFA3AD3.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 276