Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjust VE headlights?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Wizeabe: You say can be moved with a flat screw driver . I`ve only had a chance to really pop the bonnet for a 1min look and all I sawwhat looked like an adjuster but was a square or allen key hole with like gears on it and at 90deg .Is this what your talking about sort of level maybe just below the radiator/grill top panel or are the adjusters your talking about further down. like I said been building a cubby house and landscaping yard so haven`t had a close look yet sorry

Yeah I was working off memory but Coast_Calais already responded though :D

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
My series 2 low beams are shocking too
After reading these threads ,had a look and found the outer adjusters are to change the direction left to right
The inner adjusters to change the height of the lights (found out by seeing little diagrams on top of headlamps)
Need a 6mm allen key gonna do it tonight
Hope info helps

speirsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Ute
Finally got around to adjusting them last night. 10 minute job, here are the little adjusters you are looking for....

Attachments

• In the nut house 130.jpg
    In the nut house 130.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 3,802
  • In the nut house 136.jpg
    In the nut house 136.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,512

Grant..M

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Statesman
Finally got around to adjusting them last night. 10 minute job, here are the little adjusters you are looking for....

thanks heaps for the pics.. my left one was facing really low to the front... seems to be abit of a issue with these new commodores.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
thanks heaps for the pics.. my left one was facing really low to the front... seems to be abit of a issue with these new commodores.

left as in passenger (sitting in car), or left as in drivers side (looking from the front)?
because obviously there's a reason the drivers side should always be lower than the passenger side.... ie dont go lining them up perfectly with each other.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Good one Jethro....but two fat bastards in the back seat will stuff your fuel economy. LOL
Thanks for bumping this thread, I've been wanting to adjust my headlights for a while, now I know how :)

amys80

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
So have attempted to adjust the headlights on my dads ve. While turning the adjuster the left headlight dropped - then would not move - im guessing the adjuster broke or came out of wherever it adjusts from
The right side did the same thing, without the headlight dropping. just keeps turning and no adjustment is happening

Anyone know how to fix this? If we pull the headlight assembly out will we be able to fix the adjusters? or are we wasting our time?