Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjusting headlights

VZ06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport Kit
This may sound like a dumb question, but i am rather new to the car industry.Just wondering how to adjust my headlights?Cheers all

sxcmonkey

SxcmonkeY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 commy
there is a screw on top of the head lights,,,

if you do up or undo that screw it will adjust the height of the headlights..

i cant be 100 accurate about the locations or anything but yeah. hope this helps

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is there a reason for adjusting them, holden set the height correctly (roughly) in the factory to legal specs, if you tow, cart heavy items, or lowered you car more at the back than front, i can understand if you lower the beam, but to raise it is very inconsiderate to other motorists because you will start to blind them

just a though to consider first

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
How do you know if they are the right height? On a trip from Brisbane down to Newcastle one night, i was getting alot of people flashing their highbeams at me. As if they thought i had mine on(didnt) or i was blinding them or something. Thought it was cause i had the ol' driving lights on so turned them off, but alas kept happening.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
How do you know if they are the right height? On a trip from Brisbane down to Newcastle one night, i was getting alot of people flashing their highbeams at me. As if they thought i had mine on(didnt) or i was blinding them or something. Thought it was cause i had the ol' driving lights on so turned them off, but alas kept happening.

i cant remember the exact specs when i did my sisters cause they where all over the shop i parked the car on a flat surface and about 5m away with low beams onto a wall,

leveled them up so the beam was just a bit lower than the front of the car,

seems to be doing the trick, no one has flashed her,

im guessing you had the car loaded up? when the rear is compressed up more it lifts the front, thus also moving the beam upwards into peoples vision

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah was carrying 4 people and the boot loaded to the very top haha. Mightve just been that, cause no one has ever flashed me when im driving around town at night...

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
I think the specs for the heights are in the user manual. Or that may be the service manual which hardly anyone has a copy.

VZ06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport Kit
i changed my headlights over to HSV lights, and the right hand side is really pointing to the groud

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
lol I adjusted mine on the side of some windy country road in Canberra when we did the JCCC cruise down there at Christmas. Couldnt see a damn thing so I hopped out on the side of the road with a screwdriver.

Havent had any issues yet and it made the night time country road drive alot easier!!! :thumbsup:

VZ06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport Kit
so were abouts is this screw?