Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjusting Koni red shocks VK commodore

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Hi all,

Did a search but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I just purchased some front and rear super low King springs and Koni red shocks to suit the VK and would like to know what other people's experience with setting up the shocks as they're adjustable. I have heard conflicting stories about how to set them up correctly and seeing that they're the red ones they can only be adjusted off the vehicle so don't wanna keep putting them on then having to take them off again numerous times to readjust. Some people have said set them to the hardest setting and others have said the softest setting? I have heard that setting them to the softest setting is the go and over time as they sag you adjust them to a harder setting to bring them back to where they were when you first put them in, is this right?

Any help his much appreciated. Cheers, Stokesy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You set them to how you want the car to ride...A stiff ride, hard setting...Soft ride, soft setting.....

So it's upto you how you want the car to ride from that

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Thanks for that. I've heard that setting them up hard from the start wears them out quicker?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Koni say settings are intended for wear though they can be used for stiffness but why would you bother.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The super low King springs would be stiff enough :)
Go for the soft setting if you value your lower back.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just set them one off softest. From memory theres 7 or 8 clicks so not much adjustment anyway.