Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjusting the clutch?

>mayhem<

Reaction score
sh1t now youve all got me worried! i definately was adjusting the right bolt going by wot yoose said, jacked it up and down and gave it a roady about six times but it just felt the same each time, the only difference was where me clutch pedal was sitting.
last clutch was a cheap and nasty done by a local mecho of about the same quality as the clutch lol, i rang him and asked wtf the story might be and he seemed to think its the cable but i know its not cos the fact my pedal was shifting when i adjusted it, he then pretty much accused me of being the burnout king which of course im not going to admit to. "i dont pull burnouts honest!:whistling "
there is a fair bit of 'wet' oil around where the gearbox meets the motor, although i dont get under it often enough to know if it was there befor it started slipping, dont know if thats got to do with it.
booked it in with a 'decent' mecho for next week so ill limp it down there and see what they find.
If i find out they did a dodge when they put the last one in, swear to god im gonna get my invoice book out and write this knobrider an invoice for every cent its gonna cost, whether he pays it or not is a different story!
fecken cars...........:hit:

Turbovg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg v6 ute
sorry to jump on a old thread but im just trying to suss out the best way to ajust my cable clutch Ive never had an issue in past clutches ive done but i done a manual conversion on my new vn probably 3 months ago and ive clocked up around 10000km before I decided to pull the motor for a clean up and pulled my clutch and it’s pretty shot,

i know how its supposed to sit next to the brake pedal but is that what people are going off to get the clutch where it should sit? I used a old cable i had but Im just wondering if when i put it all together i had over ajusted the clutch so it wasn’t fully clamping causing it to wear out faster?