Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjusting the handbrake? (Big post)

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey guys i was wondering how do i adjust the handbrake its not engaging??...
i went to a licenced rwc place and told him to fix my handbrake i he tells me to come back in a few hours and so i did i come back he says its all done im like sweet, i pay him $40 i got to my car i check if it works and it does but the handbrake is too tight i cant even basicly lift it so i thought it might losen up if i drive , so i go home and i go park on a litle hill and i pull the hand break and guess what?:O its rolling back....i still cant lift it up..so i go back to him and tell him okay the handbrake is not working....he goes in2 my car tests it and tells me ill drive it back in2 the shop....so im like ah good hell fix it...he goes of to the mechanic tells him something comes back to me and tells me this " its gonna cost you another $80 to fix it....at this point i was getting angry so i tell him what he told me..."you told me yesterday that you will adjust it from the back and it will cost me $40 and now that i see you have adjusted it from the inside and you charged me $40 for doing nothing wtf is this" and so he tells me "Im not going to do it for free" so i got more angry and started cursing at him at this point all i wanted is for him to fix it without beign mucked around and i wasent going to pay a cent extra as i did pay for him to fix my handbrake which he didint do and was trying to get every cent out of me...he wanted to charge me 2500$ so my vz can be roadworthy again....WTF? i went to another rwc tester and he said half of these things are not part of roadworthy???...what kind of a person is this seriously ive never come across some1 like that??? beware of where you go guys becouse some people are ***ed up...so angry that i wasted my time and money for nothing ill be going back there again i will not give up untill i get my money back. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
gotta hate places like that. thats why i dont take my car to those places unless absolutely necessary. you can probably find how to tighten a handbrake on here somewhere and try it yourself next time

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
Can you name and shame this bloke so that others here don't have the same problem......