Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ADR Compliant Carbon Fibre Bonnet (group buy).

Would you pay $2200 for vented Carbon Fibre VT, VX, VU Bonnet reduced engine bay temp & 10kg weight?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I wish I had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Not interested

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
While they may be adr approved, I don’t think they’re legal for road use without an engineers cert for that particular car.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
BLITSdesigncarbonbonnet3.jpg
Screenshot_20180214-134800.png

The above is what I'm thinking.

The design I really wanted was the Vented Monaro Bonnet from Savage Fibreglass. However they're not ADR Compliant and Blitz Bonnets don't want to copy that design, because someone else has the design rights (understandable) they also mentioned they'd heard the vented Monaro bonnets can crack around the vents (another reason they don't want to touch the design).

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
So the price includes an appointment with a mods engineer and they sign your car off?

They have an engineer watch over them when they make the bonnet. Once he has seen that it has been manufactured to ADR standards he's happy to sign off after you provide your VIN etc.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You do not need to take you car anywhere.

I would appreciate it if you asked questions, instead of making assumptions.

This company already has Carbon Fibre bonnets legally on Australia's roads.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't much like the twin vent Monaro style but the one that has the Camaro/Corvette raised and vented is nice, would certainly help to bleed a lot of hot air out of the bay directly behind the radiator. Wonder how that would look on VT-VY?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I don't much like the twin vent Monaro style but the one that has the Camaro/Corvette raised and vented is nice, would certainly help to bleed a lot of hot air out of the bay directly behind the radiator. Wonder how that would look on VT-VY?

That all I was after, a vented bonnet that lets as much heat out of the engine bay cause the GTX4202R is going get hot under there in Summer, the weight reduction is a bonus, but now I want it more than the venting.

It would need some work as I can see there is an extra body line for the VF by the looks of it.
Or we could use the VT/VX Bonnet as a base and raise the middle section then put the middle vented part on.
I'll put up a pic of what I'm talking about.

I've taken pretty much all the weight I can out of my car for it to still be legal, one of these would be perfect to finish off the build.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
1: Is the middle section of the VT Bonnet that I was talking about above.
2: Is the raised section of the VF Camaro bonnet adapted on top (refer to photographs in post #12).

This should work and it should look pretty good as well.

Attachments

• dhg.jpg
    dhg.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 218