Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advanced Engine Diagnostics help

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
do i run a new wire from the sensor right up and somehow connect it to the PCM? Do i need to drill a hole in the floor to run this wire? I tried the multimeter but couldn't work out how to test the wires, as i can't connect the plug on the 02 and PCM at the same time
To connect the plug you can use a piece of wire pushed into the plug to extend it enough so that you can take a reading. No need to drill holes - you can feed it through the firewall grommet (may need to do this with a bit of coat hanger wire). Even just to test it you could connect the wire to the pcm, run it out the window and down to the o2 sensor signal if you wanted to confirm that wiring is the problem

If you were able to fit a memcal and do your own diagnostics I’m sure you can sort the wiring too. :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If the o2 says ready it must of come up to temp and started outputting a voltage what is the o2mv at idle should be in the 0.800s
Get tunerpro working so you can do a lot and playback data and upload a log file here for us to look at

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If the o2 says ready it must of come up to temp and started outputting a voltage what is the o2mv at idle should be in the 0.800s
Get tunerpro working so you can do a lot and playback data and upload a log file here for us to look at

I get "ready" sometimes and other times it says not ready, more often it will say "not ready".

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I am wondering if the best thing to do is to go to the self serve wreckers and try to pull an O2 harness. Gonna depend on if I can unwrap it from the PCM right down to the sensor. At least that way I can easily test it for continuity, including the plug.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
OK thanks to Boozer I have a good wiring diagram. Question if I replace the harness is it just a matter of running the four wires to the PCM? Or do they divert through the data connector?? Thinking if I can get another harness and plug I can rule that out. I will have no trouble splicing new cable into a harness that I pull from a donor if it is just then a matter of chopping the old one off and connecting a new one to he PCM. Like I said the plug on the O2 loom might be faulty given a previous owner botched the speed sensor plug and it's in the same location.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been thinking about it and making a whole new harness is too hard, due to heating cicuit running from the fuse box. Thinking the best thing to do is still get a harness from a wreck as my plug could be faulty. Going to temp tape in a new plug and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't fix te issue i will run a new signal wire through the window as you mentioned EYY. If it is still faulty i will run a new ground as well. Once i get it sorted i will run the cables neatly along the existing harness and use Jaycar solder joiners to make it permanent.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
So some simple checks first unplug the o2 grab your multimeter.turn the key to ignition and grab the loom plug test for 12v between the pink wire terminal and the black wire terminal right beside it.if you have 12v good the heater will work if its low set the multimeter on ohms and test resistance from that pin beside the pink to the earth on the engine or gearbox. Do the same for the very end pin furtherest away from the pink

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Or log it with tunerpro tunerpro and send me a log to look at

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can i do the same with AED? Only because it is easier to use.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Delco i have some less than ideal battery grounds. Old owner has fitted them. I will take a pic and post them. Thinking they need to be redone. Can you please let me know what you think?