Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advantages of VT master cylinder

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i just him to make me one for my vs, havnt put it on yet should be good.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If you have a plastic booster you can cut the screw off flush at the output pushrod of your original vs booster and fit up a vt master...the actual vt cylinder externally looks the same as a vs one but the internals are bigger.
Assistance is better with the vt style booster and the same unit is used on vt/x/y models ...its gives more help to your foot than the vs unit but you have to modify it to get it to fit a vs.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
considering that the M/C and booster are from a later model, and are bolt on. (no modifications needed)

do you need an engineers certificate? or not?

same goes with upgrading the discs and callipers?

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I'd rate the M/C & booster with stock calipers & rotors as the best value for money upgrade brakes wise ever $220.00. I'll pass on the expensive rotors and calipers for now.

The 88 wagon's brakes are ace now. And were ver cheap. Speak to Markovr - he makes the kits - posted to your door:thumbsup:

Are your wagons calipers the standard solid items or the finned ones? I did the same conversion (using the finned calipers), although I used the VS brake fluid container as the VT one leaned back too much and looked stupid.

Top upgrade though, the brakes are awesome and certainly give you confidence... unlike the standard VN brakes :whistling

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Are your wagons calipers the standard solid items or the finned ones? I did the same conversion (using the finned calipers), although I used the VS brake fluid container as the VT one leaned back too much and looked stupid.

Top upgrade though, the brakes are awesome and certainly give you confidence... unlike the standard VN brakes :whistling

I'd only just replaced the rotors the year before - so stock standard calipers and rotors.

The M/C tank was changed for a AU unit.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
considering that the M/C and booster are from a later model, and are bolt on. (no modifications needed)

do you need an engineers certificate? or not?

same goes with upgrading the discs and callipers?

Yes and yes, and there is mods, you need to modify the mounting bracket to fit it and re-drill the hole on the pushrod to fit it to the pedal.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I had what I thought were the same brakes in the VN V6 and the VP but I recently realised when I broke the booster on the VP that the V8 booster is twice the size and hence the entire reason for the crapy brakes on the V6's and the great brakes on the 5 litre, even tho it had the bigger rotors, 1 inch master and all that one missing part was stuffing up the V6's brakes. So don't forget the importance of a good booster :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Awesome, thanks for all the replies. I'll definately be chasing down a booster before I bother changing anything then