Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advantages of VT master cylinder

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
At the start of the year I was collecting bits for a VT brake upgrade, but ended up finding a cheap set of slotted VS rotors, so just matched them up with good pads and left it at that.

The question is, now that I've had a VT master cylinder sitting in the shed all year, is there any advantages to installing just the master cylinder and keeping VS discs/calipers? I was thinking maybe it would just give a bit better pedal feel or something.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Is it just the master or master and booster. If its just the master you will possibly get a worse pedal, it will be too hard as its bigger then the 7/8 vs master and will displace more fluid quicker. Thus i wouldnt bother.
If you have the vt booster aswell i would say go for it as it has more boost power than the vs and will put more pressure on the calipers, hopefully resulting in a more responsive pedal. Only thing is possibly the pedal would be fairly high.

sweetas vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
i did the conversion to vt brakes on my vs and didnt bother with the booster and master cylinder as my mates car feels no differnt to mine and his has the whole lot...jusr put the braided lines callipers and rotors on and it will feel a **** load better when using them in high speed stops ie:140km +

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I did the Vt m/c & booster to the VN. Std VN rotors and calipers. Great great upgrade.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
It's just the master that I have. I heard that when doing the full upgrade the booster wasn't as important as swapping over the master?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's just the master that I have. I heard that when doing the full upgrade the booster wasn't as important as swapping over the master?

I'd rate the M/C & booster with stock calipers & rotors as the best value for money upgrade brakes wise ever $220.00. I'll pass on the expensive rotors and calipers for now.

The 88 wagon's brakes are ace now. And were ver cheap. Speak to Markovr - he makes the kits - posted to your door:thumbsup:

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
I'd rate the M/C & booster with stock calipers & rotors as the best value for money upgrade brakes wise ever $220.00. I'll pass on the expensive rotors and calipers for now.

The 88 wagon's brakes are ace now. And were ver cheap. Speak to Markovr - he makes the kits - posted to your door:thumbsup:

what do you mean bye makes the kit ..?
it is just a vt master and booster no..?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
what do you mean bye makes the kit ..?
it is just a vt master and booster no..?

It's moded to fit a VN so there is some brackets and spacers made. Stops the mega firewall flex :)

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
ahhh so is just for the vn and vp you need the kit then..?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahhh so is just for the vn and vp you need the kit then..?

Not 100% sure on that - but I'm guessing so. The std VN brakes are poor at best. The wreckers wanted $100 for a VN V8 M/C & booster. The VT "kit" from Markovr beats it easy. (I had a 1" M/C & booster in the VN wagon already) The booster had kaked it after the rear end accident.

Last edited: