Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] ADVENTRA 2005 CX6 Vz Engine Noise HELP PLEASE!

ShazR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Adventra CX6 VZ
Hey Guys, I have the above model Adventra with approx 150,000km on the clock. Along with the last service the fan, air con belts, etc were all replaced by a mobile registered mechanic that I had used on a couple of previous occasions. Next morning on starting, it made a noise very similar to a chaff cutter running full pelt. I quickly turned it off and after a few seconds risked starting it again. No Problem....still worried, but having to do a run for a funeral in Grafton we left Mackay hoping for the best. This problem stayed with us. Sounding like it would explode starting from cold first start.....second start all OK!!! Saw the mechanic that worked on it and he reckoned it was the timing chain. A week later he hurt his back and was unable to help me any further. I then took it to Luke Hendry Performance Engines in Mackay. He has a pretty good rep and he has never heard of anything like it. So...now we're at the point where he has pulled all the belts off, etc and it is still doing it so he thinks definitely something internal. What do I do? He's telling me that it will easily be $1500 just in labour. Why would it make this terrible racket first start then run like a dream for the rest of the day. PLEASE, PLEASE PEOPLE ANY :idea3: TIA
564144_4474866355377_347939196_n.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Have any codes came up on the dash at all?

Also off topic hows the fuel economy on these ?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Have any codes came up on the dash at all?

Also off topic hows the fuel economy on these ?

I can reply with regards to fuel, dad had a LX6 Adventra (V6) from new in 2006. Used around 14.5l/100km

Upgraded in 2013 to a VF model Caprice with V8, and has since got low 12L/100km on the same cycle.

EDIT: to keep it on topic, I would be thinking possible oil pump issue as you might be priming it with the cold start and then you might have pressure on the second start. No idea really though.

Last edited: