Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra Level-Ride Suspension

westaussieadventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
I recently acquired a 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra and it has high-lift King Springs on the rear. The rear sits slightly higher than the front when there is no load on the back but I thought the Level-Ride Suspension would have evened it out. Can anyone enlighten me as to how the LRS works? Is it possible it is not working?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The level ride suspension uses air lift shockies to adjust the level.
Unfortunately it only works to lift the suspension up when under load so in your case your springs are holding the suspension higher than the setting for the std height that the airlfts are set to.
Even if you removed the shocks the car would still sit at the same height.
When I replaced my air lift shockies in my senator with high performance gas shocks ( one of the airlifts was rooted and I don't like them anyway) the tail lowered about 10-15mm as the cars weight now sits on the springs not on the shocks.
Hope that helps explain your situation.

dugnvik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
That's interesting....as I just started looking into spring replacements for my '06 LX6. Reason is we went camping, loaded up the cargo space with esky, small bbq etc, hitched the camper trailer with it's ~110kg ball weight and noticed that the car didn't appear to level itself the way it used to.
So the search turned up King springs (raised) with no "standard" option, so i suspect i'll get exactly what you have, westaussieadventra. A raised ride height? Not what i'm looking for.
Lovells catalogue does list lowered, standard and raised, but interestingly doesn't mention the V6 model. I think i'll have to talk to them.
Also, try finding shock absorbers......i hope i don't have to go back to Holden when they eventually need replacing.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Also, try finding shock absorbers......i hope i don't have to go back to Holden when they eventually need replacing.

You may need to get Holden ones if you want to connect them to the level ride compressor as I'm led to believe the std Monroe air shocks have different connections although haven't actually found out for sure.

sami79

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss
I need some info on the 2009 Caprice & Commodore suspension. Can you fit the suspension from the Commodore on to a Caprice?

Thanks
Sami