Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

adventra lsd front diff

adventra lx8

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra lx8
sorry have not been on here in a long time. i posted how to fit a m78 torque worm style center into a m70 front diff on facepook and discovered you cant search the info anywhere but face pook and i want people to be able to find this info. so many diff people will tell you that there is no lsd that will fit a m70 and there non serviceable diffs this is not true, the m70 center is based on the m78 irs center only difference is one bearing carrier is 22mm closer to center and where the passenger side axle slides in needs sleeving, i had a mate machine my center and press the sleeve in then i fitted countersunk bolts and chamfered edges of center, also had to grind down a lump in the housing,the bearings are the same as m78. this was not a hard job only issues diff center is made of very hard metal so tungsten or ceramic cutter needed and assembly is time consuming to get clearances right because of the clam shell construction. i used a torque lock diff center from tuff, it works great, amazing traction and great road manners on the street even on roundabouts anyone with a adventra or a territory should do this mods it makes a great car so much better.

Burkey05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventura
Any more info on this? Any pics or details on what shop etc did the conversion? Any further help would be appreciated

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
sorry have not been on here in a long time. i posted how to fit a m78 torque worm style center into a m70 front diff on facepook and discovered you cant search the info anywhere but face pook and i want people to be able to find this info. so many diff people will tell you that there is no lsd that will fit a m70 and there non serviceable diffs this is not true, the m70 center is based on the m78 irs center only difference is one bearing carrier is 22mm closer to center and where the passenger side axle slides in needs sleeving, i had a mate machine my center and press the sleeve in then i fitted countersunk bolts and chamfered edges of center, also had to grind down a lump in the housing,the bearings are the same as m78. this was not a hard job only issues diff center is made of very hard metal so tungsten or ceramic cutter needed and assembly is time consuming to get clearances right because of the clam shell construction. i used a torque lock diff center from tuff, it works great, amazing traction and great road manners on the street even on roundabouts anyone with a adventra or a territory should do this mods it makes a great car so much better.
Check out the 6L80e conversion for them.

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
interested to know more about this , if you could contact me that would be great.

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute

Mate if you could contact me on 0413817512 that would be appreciated. thanks Adrian

57WRAP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1 / VP Executive V6 Manual
Mate if you could contact me on 0413817512 that would be appreciated. thanks Adrian

They haven’t been online since the day they posted it. Doubt they’ll reply any time soon.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ll give you a call. Just breath heavy a bit and give me 45-50 seconds.