Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra LX8 manual conversion

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Does your adventra have a DUS otr, HID kit and blue dash lights? Did it have a PWR tranny cooler before?

If it did I was the owner before the bloke you bought it off. I remember him telling me when he bought that he was going to put some chunker tyres on it.

just read your description again, gotta be the same car. Poly air bags and on gas.

AdventraLX8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra, LX8
Does your adventra have a DUS otr, HID kit and blue dash lights? Did it have a PWR tranny cooler before?

If it did I was the owner before the bloke you bought it off. I remember him telling me when he bought that he was going to put some chunker tyres on it.

just read your description again, gotta be the same car. Poly air bags and on gas.

Might be by the sounds of it, check out the first pic. WA rego was 1DUL-904. He did put massive tires on it, 245/65/R16 for memory.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Might be by the sounds of it, check out the first pic. WA rego was 1DUL-904. He did put massive tires on it, 245/65/R16 for memory.

Definitely sounds like my old adventra, rego looks familar. Well done on the conversion.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
hell yes

So you guys might be interested in the kit when I get around to designing it :p
I dont even own a adventra (yet) but id be buying the kit asap. The car itself will be getting work done to it before it hits the road anyway, or so is the plan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Great job mate. We have 2 LX8s and have been talking about this for years now...
Also good to see 40 mm lift with bigger tyres looks great.. what size are they 235 60 17 ?
Please update if you encounter any unforseens.. I watch with great interest.
We may well do the same soon.

scottk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII SS Ute
This is an amazing achievement. Lots of work. I bought a HSV Avalanche XUV brand new in 2004 and have always dreamt of a manual conversion... but I certainly don't have the technical know how to get all that build work done. I'm just about to retire the Avalanche from daily duties (New Triple8 edition wagon on the way). Perhaps this could be the next mod.... it's already 50mm higher, intake, exhaust and lpg... even spent a week on fraser in it years ago... such great vehicles.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
This is an amazing achievement. Lots of work. I bought a HSV Avalanche XUV brand new in 2004 and have always dreamt of a manual conversion... but I certainly don't have the technical know how to get all that build work done. I'm just about to retire the Avalanche from daily duties (New Triple8 edition wagon on the way). Perhaps this could be the next mod.... it's already 50mm higher, intake, exhaust and lpg... even spent a week on fraser in it years ago... such great vehicles.

got any pics of it jacked up?

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Great job mate. Making and selling a kit wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Ive always wondered why people buy these things or what sort of people buy them.
What are you guys using them for? Do they go off road? are you a tradie? My wrecker mates
got one as a tow vehicle, i did some paintwork on it, and i like the oddness of it,
just wondering what people buy them for initially.

Awesome job again.