Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra Oil change

ntboozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
G'day all,
Just picked up a 2006 Adventra (Alloytech / 5spd auto) and want to change all the oils (searched the forum without result). I have no dramas with doing the change myself. The rear diff is easy but I'm struggling to find the drain / fill plugs for the front diff, t/fer case and auto. What do I need to do (removal of cowls etc) to change the engine oil filter?

Anyone able to flick me a quick reply detailing the locations etc would be great.
Cheers
nt
:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the front diff is to the left side of the sump i believe it has a 24mm plug at the top of it, drain plug at the bottom

use castrol SAF-XA oil in it, approx 800ml of oil goes in it

transfer case it at the back of the transmission, make sure the car is level, remove the fill plug roughly in the middle to lowerside of the transfer case, remove that, than on the front at the bottom, remove the plug there thats the drain,

you have to buy the oil from holden as its an special synthestic oil, im guessing rather expenive too, its called "ESSO MTF-LT-1" you will need approx 150ml of it,

transmission, ill post up later, busy at the moment

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Is it safe to use an Engine Cleaner on the Alloytec motor when changing your engine oil? If so, which is the best to use. About to change the oil myself for the first time in the Adventra since her warranty ran out and don't want to wreck it LOL
Any help is greatly appreciated.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ive used Nulon oil flush in mine, just ran it for a couple of days then drained oil & filled up with fresh oil.

YLD 308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2 , VZ ADVENTRA
Sorry to necro this thread but does anyone have a part number for the AT service kit 5spd auto in an 06 adventra.