Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear diff/axle noise

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to mine. Holden warranty people say this is normal, but maybe someone else has a different angle...

I went for a drive from Brisbane to Sydney and back about a month or so ago, and for the last few hours on the way back i started to get quite a noticable knock from the rear end under brakes or even just slowly decelerating. At that point i noticed that there was a bit of a knock/clunk and movement when putting the car into D or R while stationary. (Yes auto...)

now since then it hasn't made the scary knocking noise under breaks but it still clunks a bit when putting it into gear.

Holden said that the movement when putting it into gear is within design specs or something but didn't comment on the noise so i'lll prolly call them back.

Its a VZ storm, auto, V6, FE2 suspension, started happening at about 6000-7000k's and its now got about 8500k's

whaddaya's rekon?

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
Doesnt sound good :(

Ive got the same car and the only noise i have is a slight diff whine (which im going to live with for now to see what happens .....still plenty of warranty left hehe)

seal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL 5speed + VR Exec S2..
My Lumina Fe2 etc, was serviced last week and they replaced the rear pads after I complained of a knock/noise from the front end during braking.
Weird eh?

alimpyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ UTE 3.6 M6
Yes i also have the same rear diff/axle noise. put my car up on the jack today to change a flat (then found out i had two falsts) a found that the spair tyre was a tad loose. so when i left the traffic light etc (chnaged direction) it would make this creeking noise which was quite disturbing. now my only problem is trying to figure out how i'm going to get to work. (its 6ishpm and everythings shut)
i really hope that noise was the spare tyre.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
there has been a recall on the crewman for having a dud left axle and bearings so maybe its worth gettin warranty while you can or atleast get it looked at by a professional

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
alimpyer said:
now my only problem is trying to figure out how i'm going to get to work. (its 6ishpm and everythings shut)

Bugger you arent nearer to me, i would have loaned you a wheel.
Ive got a spare 15" steely in the gararge that i take with me on long trips as a second spare. Only $40 from the wreckers is great piece of mind.

Put a message up on the general page asking for urgent help with a loan of a wheel ????????

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
seal said:
My Lumina Fe2 etc, was serviced last week and they replaced the rear pads after I complained of a knock/noise from the front end during braking.
Weird eh?

did that fix the noise?

mine does seem to sound like its coming from the back though... so mebe mine is a bit "special"