Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed on this....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hang on WTF !!

If you all ready have a 4 ch amp, just wire the fronts of 2 channels, and bridge the rears together to drive the sub then your done. Who told you to go and buy a seperate amp just to run a $200 sub?

Seriously are you guy's all going into the same shop and getting bad advice, or are you coming up with bad idea's all on your own?

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I must be coming up with it on my own. Only reason is though I was originally going to amp all 4 speakers then changed my mind.

I was going to look at using the other 2 channels on the amp for the sub but thought it may be underpowered. This is my amp

Kenwood KAC-9405 Car Amplifier - RYDA Car Audio($245.85) would it be powerful enough to run the sub I am looking at?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yes of course it will run the sub, but what i'm saying is it's not worth buying a mono block when you all ready have ample power available. Better off just feeding it whatever power the 2 remaining channels will produce.