Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice Needed

Burnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute/VT Sedan
I have a VT Commodore currently using standard sound system. I also have a Kenwood MP3 Player KDC-MP4026 and a set of Clarion SRS1625 speakers which I pulled out my VN when it got written off as a result of a "not my fault" altercation with a Landcruiser with a (big) bull bar. I am going to replace the Double din standard head unit with the Kenwood and an Aerpro CD storage unit. Should I replace the in door speakers with the Clarion units or is it not worth the trouble?

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
Hi Burnie, sorry to hear about your VN, hope you got out of it ok.
You should DEFINATLY change the door speakers, it will sound a million times better !!
You should be able to do it yourself, if you have any problem getting the door trims off get back to us , someone will talk you through it.

Mike :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
*talks a lot*

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Does the VT have tweeters in the dash? Some do. Some don’t. depends on what year they were made I think. Personally, I don’t think the stock speakers sound all that bad. I had duel cone’s in mine (not splits) so I imagine that the splits would sound better. If you looking for more bass get yourself a big fat sub or run some 6x9’s in the rear shelf off an amp (2x100W rms or something) if your looking to save boot space.

Burnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute/VT Sedan
Thanks all-I will install the lot. Yes I believe the doors on VT are lots trickier than on the old VN