Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice needed

matt_brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
i have a vy auto v6 ute with cai cat back 2 1/2 into a muffler then slit into twin 2 1/4 pipes to 3 inch tips. i went to book in for my front half of my exhuast and old matie at the exhuast shop said he will put supercharge pacemakers on because ill get more flow then the standard pacemakers and bit more noise. is this true or will they be to big for my non supercharged 6.

Last edited:

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
according to a thread on another board, extractors do nothing for power in a v6, simply save a bit of fuel.
guys on the site were doing a big thing on doing up a auto v6 and said unless you go supercharged engine, the extractors are pretty useless, so steered me off them, they chucked the car on the dyno after them and they gained nothing, so if you're doing it for power, maybe reconsider

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
This is what 03vyPplater is talking about.

Have a look here.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
hahah i was too lazy to find the thread. but cheers for doing so cos after that people with stock 6's should maybe spend the $500 odd on something better

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Please dont put the blown headers onto a stock six

my mate did it to his vu s pac and it is an absolute pig to drive

huge loss in low down torque. my bog stock vx s pac sedan (wasnt blown) was easily faster off the line

it gave maybe a nice kick in performance around 4500 rpm but thats kinda useless unless you drive around at 4500rpm + everywhere you go