Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Hey guys, I want to get some personalised plates for my car, nothing over the top or too fancy, just in the format of aa-11-bb or abc-123 (or abc-12d). This format is cheap and looks relativly stock, which is what I am after.

I have thought of a few so far:
WTF-38L
OMG-38L
YES-38L
NV-38-VR
TZ-38-VR

The last two are a bit too woggy for my liking (envy and tease) so I am not too sure. Any feedback on them is welcome, or if anyone can suggest something that incorporates: 3.8, GM, V6, VR etc..

Thanks, Nathan :)

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
AVR-38L
AGM-38L
GM-38-VR
AVR-386

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head, but remember to check any of your combinations against the rta website to see if they're already taken. Good luck with it.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Thanks mate. Thought of FLY-38L today at work :D
In regards to the RTA site, I spent around two hours last night on it, trying to think of some before I posted on here haha.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Nathg

It depends on what you call relatively cheap. The RTA has nice fat annual fees for any special request plates these days, even plates that use a standard format.

If you request FLY-38L, for example, I think you will find it's $160 per year on top of your rego fees.

I had the old black and white 2 letter three number style personalised plates from 1975 until about three years ago. I wanted to have a Euro style plate that suited the Golf I had at the time, but keep my existing rego number. I couldn't get them without adding the "N" that is standard on all NSW Euro plates, then having my old number follow. Even though I passed in my old plates which had no annual fee, the new ones cost me $160 per year.

I'm pretty sure you will find that applies in your case too.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Yeah for majority of the ones I have checked, it is $110 order fee plus $90 annual fee. That is with the blue plates with white letters.
Just checked, and FLY-38L isn't available..

Copied from myplates.com.au:

Vehicle type: Car/Light Truck
Content: WTF38L
Content type: Personalised
Style: Slim Vivid Blue, White Character
Cost: $110.00 ordering fee plus annual fee of $90.00

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, I probably pay more because of the Euro's. Even at the reduced rates you can get, it's still too much to have to fork over each year on top of the rego. Bloody RTA and Government - they just can't get enough of your money to ever be happy.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Yeah, becuase of the different styles available, some are really expensive others not so much. And becuase I am going to keep it in the standard format, it will be cheaper aswell, unlike a fully custom number plater that is all letters.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Hmm it seems that maybe you pay a different amount depending on the colour too??? Ive got the standard ABC-123 format and chose the content in the slim line red with white letters and it cost me a once off $30 ordering fee and $130 annually.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Ok so I have so far come to the decision that it will be:

WTF-38L
OMG-38L
GM-38-VR
NG-38-VR (NG are my initials)
BE-45-76 (BEAST6)

Will hopefully come to a decision tomorrow so I can order them..Any further help or input would be great :D