Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on buying a VS ??

richie351

statesman driver n luv it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
Hey guys i thinking about selling my vn 5l http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-vg-vq/99939-my-new-vn-5l.html
and buying a vs v6 manual :thumbsup: love the manual :thumbsup:
i was wondering if u guys could have a look at the one i am interested in... and tell me what you's think... would be a great help .. i only 17 ... kinda know what i lookin at but want some more opinion .. thanks guys here is link to the vs 1995 HOLDEN COMMODORE EXECUTIVE VS Private Cars For Sale in WA - carsales.com.au

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hey guys i thinking about selling my vn 5l http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-vg-vq/99939-my-new-vn-5l.html
and buying a vs v6 manual :thumbsup: love the manual :thumbsup:
i was wondering if u guys could have a look at the one i am interested in... and tell me what you's think... would be a great help .. i only 17 ... kinda know what i lookin at but want some more opinion .. thanks guys here is link to the vs 1995 HOLDEN COMMODORE EXECUTIVE VS Private Cars For Sale in WA - carsales.com.au

It's got a lot of k's mate. It's just a 6, with a kit and wheels at the end of the day.

Any other info you have on it? Have you gone to see it? Have you driven it? Does it come with a RWC? service history? etc. etc. etc.

Something to Consider:

It's very hard to ask someone what they think of a car when they haven't seen it. I've learnt from experience to not judge a car on looks or specs until I have seen the car itself. It's like going onto RSVP.com and picking out the hottest chick and saying I'm going to marry her. You marry her and meet her and she is nothing like what her profile said she would be (That was an analogy).

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Man, keep the Calais, spend some money on a 5 speed conversion and you will have a lot more fun than that VS. Your car looks really nice and in the end, what are you really getting for that sort of money, maybe just a lot of issues.

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
thanks i see what ya's mean.. i have a sc14 supercharger sitting in shed with intercooler.. will bolt str8 onto the v6...i not sure i just lookin around .. i dont like the vn.. i rather the look of the vr up wards..
i was going to look at that vs. buy cam and chip pacage hi ratio roller rockers and twin throttle body and sc14 supercharge it... but i not sure

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Comes down to personal taste. I like the vr-vs shape better than the vn aswell.

If you just want a manual, convert your vn, I'm doing my vr at the moment and it's cost about a grand with everything (box, tailshaft, memcal, clutch, etc etc).

If your keen on the vs that price is a bit steep. I bought my Vr about 9 months ago with a fully rebuilt cammed motor, all alpine system rims leather etc, for 4k. It looks like a very nice vs but take it for a test drive and have a really good look over the car, or if your not a mechanic, get a racq inspection to be honest. But yeah try to knock the price down a bit

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
yeh well i payed 3 grand for my vn 5l .. as it is. mags extractors pioneer sound system the lot.. all i done is put tacho in it.. but i rlly thinkin about doin a v6 up.. something different v8's cost heap.. v6 if i blow the bottom end out... o well 500 bucks from wreckers get new motor...plus loosing my licence and moving to qld i dont think i am aloud to drive a v8..am i ? i stil on red p plates.. thanks

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Red ps you can't drive v8 turbo or s/c up here in Qld. Unless you can prove you owned the car before the laws came in (june last year), but you are going to get a massive amount of cop attention.

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
ok well i cant prove that cause i only resently brought it.. i might just sell her off and down size to the VS.. and do lots of internal work so cops wont know what they lookin at ...

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
would anyone here in western Australia keep a eye out for a v6 manual.. gotta be newer than vn.. so vr upwards is fine.. i lookining for something under 6 grand cause i only got 6.. thanks so much..

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate, a few months ago i bought a series 2 vs factory 5 speed with new clutch and flywheel, full service history, 166xxx k's, no problems, immaculate condition for $3grand. if you keep an eye out and look around, bargin hard then you will get a good deal. remember that you can add body kit rims etc if thats what you want, but you cant get rid of the k's