Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on buying a VS ??

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Internal work is the way to go. I've got a stage three crow cam, 40 thou overs, extractors etc are legal here. I've got a small nitrous set up also. My dream would be a 4.2 stroker because from the outside you can't tell.

As long as you don't go overboard on the lowering, stereo and keep the engine bay sorta stock looking you should be right.

richie351

statesman driver n luv it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
aww man hows the nitrous going you and how much did u pay for ur cam package and how much performance did it give u
thanks

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I was lucky enough to buy the car with the cam package already installed but I've asked around before for cam packages I think they are around $600-800 but that's just off the top of my head, no promises.

The nitrous is good but very risky unless you have it properly hidden and even then its a massive risk of getting busted.

Not sure on accurate power figures I have a lot of dyno sheets from the previous owner with the highest being around 160-170 rwhp, I'm in the process of converting my car to a manual and fixing up a lot of small issues then getting a decent tune then I'll give it another run on the dyno with the nitrous, so should be seeing somewhere around 200-220rwhp with a 50hp shot.

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
so i definatly cant drive a v8 in qld? due to if i cant i buying a 6 manual... thanks guys

ozbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2
richie just a thought when u bring a car in from one state to another u may have to get it blue slipped well thats the rules here in nsw..nsw p platers ain't allowed v8's or s/c or even turbo's unless they had the car before the laws changed....m8 do ur homework on taking a car into another state..may work out cheaper to buy the car in qld as if it has to go get inspected they'll go over it with a fine tooth comb..as i said just a thought

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
yeh i see what u mean ozbay.. but i kinda dont mind that.. then i know everything on my car is in perfect condition.. and if the police pull me up i can say nah its just gone over pits and nothing wrong with it... if you know what i mean?
il take it into consideration anyway.. thanks

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Definitely sure that you can't drive v8, turbo or s/c in queensland on your ps, unless your over 25. If you can't find a v6 manual its not to difficult or expensive to convert an auto to manual.

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
hey chris how much did your nitrous set up cost you ? thanks