Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice on creaking instrument cluster

Gezza69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore Liftback LT
This problem must have been discussed, but I could not find the thread, sorry.....

I recently bought a 2nd hand 2019 ZB Commodore Liftback LT, love the car, hate the creaking instrument cluster. A 23rd May 2018 article on Carsales suggests the known problem has a fix. I am worried a Holder Service Centre may makes the delicate plastic instrument cluster creaking worse. Has anyone attempted to solve the plastic instrument cluster creaking? Or should I turn up the radio and move on....

Thanks for the existence of this ZB forum, cheers.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/creaky-commodore-quietened-112764

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Ah the Germans. Zay haff vays of making it creak!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
This problem must have been discussed, but I could not find the thread, sorry.....

I recently bought a 2nd hand 2019 ZB Commodore Liftback LT, love the car, hate the creaking instrument cluster. A 23rd May 2018 article on Carsales suggests the known problem has a fix. I am worried a Holder Service Centre may makes the delicate plastic instrument cluster creaking worse. Has anyone attempted to solve the plastic instrument cluster creaking? Or should I turn up the radio and move on....

Thanks for the existence of this ZB forum, cheers.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/creaky-commodore-quietened-112764
I don’t think you’re alone with this problem. I believe there are others with creaking and squeaking dashes, not only in the ZB’s but also VF’s and VE’s.
I personally can’t stand noises and rattles in a car, especially when they are new or newish. However, from what I’ve read in the past about guys trying to solve their creaky squeaky dashes, it seems they have not had much joy, and sometimes making it worse.
Mmm.....pump up the jam?

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I hate to say it on this forum but the best car I had for rattles was a Ford of all things. A 1996 Telstar Eurosport V6, it had well north of two hundred thousand km on the clock when I sold it and there wasn't a single dash rattle in the 7 years I owned it. The worst is probably the almost brand new Hyundai i30 hatchback the wife and I hired which had about 1000km on it and a really annoying rattle on the driver side. I was very happy to give that one back.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline