Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on how to customize my VY Berlina

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
PLEASE READ POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING!!

I said " you can not put another holden computer in your car while you send yours away to be reprogrammed."

yes you can have a computer changed to suit your car by holden. BUT if you take you computer out and send it to this guy to program how the **** are you gonna drive your car to holden, to get the exchange computer programmed. and why the **** would you spend say $200 on a computer from the wreckers and around $95 for holden to program your BCM so it accepts the computer when YOUR original will be back in a week anyway.

in otherwords. on a VX to VE you can not JUST open it up and exchange a memcal (they don't have them), you need to get a completely reflashed board. $600+ from a reputable programmer.

THERE ARE NO CHIPS IN VX to VE's.... IT IS PART OF THE BOARD

DBA 5000 are great once they are warmed up, how is the braking sound? I have heard they sound like you've got a paper bag sucked up into the rotors.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/enhanced-automotive/63638-375-mailorder-tune-special.html

I suggest you actually research, because you can get mail order tunes for these cars, point been is, you have no farking idea what your on about...

Obviously your not going to have a car while yours is programmed, but your original point was that you CANT mail order tune when clearly you can.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
This is the case with the LS1 and i would say it's the same for the V6...

- You can send your PCM away and have it tuned (mail-order tune obviously), then once it is tuned have it sent back to you, plug it in, and it will work without a hitch as it's already coded to your BCM.
- You can have a replacement PCM with a mail order tune sent to you that is not coded to any BCM, and just plug it in, and it will work. After about 10 starts it locks to your BCM.. which brings me to my next point....
- You cannot just put any PCM into another car as it locks to the unique BCM of the original car after 10 starts.

So you are both right (Benjamin K, sp001in).