Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice on purchasing a vy ss ute 225kms

danfoss5000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Sedan
Waddup dudes?
lm looking at buying a vy ss ute and just wanted to ask your advice about what to look for and what price I should expect to pay

Here's the details

Feb 2003 model
vy ss ute
4 speed auto
rebuilt transmission approx 50kms ago
engine done 225kms
duco and interior really good
lowered with new pedders shocks and koni springs
full exhaust with headers
19 inch hsv alloys w New tyres

Seems to have been well looked after

My main concern is the engine kms, I don't want to have to spend thousands of dollars after amother 50 kms to rebuild the engine

What sort of money do you guys reken it worth? It's in Perth. Red one on gumtree if you want to have a look I think the guy is asking 12k

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
well to me 12k is way to much, i got my vy s pac ute for 12k and that had 9 months rego a rwc and had 84k kms

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
About $11k looks like the going rate for an SS over there after a quick look on carsales. K's are highish but not terrible, check service history. 12K is not too much for a nice SS in good condition, $12k is too much for vy s pac V6.

Take it for a drive and give it a good check over. Then buy it. Bargain hard though, selling a V8 is not easy at the moment, 'price drop' means 'farking gettin desperate to sell'

You know a ute is only half a car though?

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
its not to much for a manual v6 ute with 84,000 km. i spent 3 months looking and that was about the cheapest i saw.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
You could get a whole lot more car for the $12,000 you're willing to spend.

I know it's nothing to go by, but I picked my 1 Owners VY Series 2 SS Ute with 85,000km on it for $12,500. If you shop around you'll find a massive bargain!

Also, you probably already know, but a pre-purchase inspection is worth every dollar!

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
If you check all the usual websites, car sales, gumtree etc. every day. You will see the occasional VY SS for 10 grand, but they don't last long. All the ads on those websites that's been on there a while are either fked or they dreaming (most of the time).

I search gumtree everyday because I look for car parts hehe. I've seen heaps go for 10ish.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
yeh I have to agree 10k max if ur keen and I would be looking around cause ull prob find one wif lower ks for 10 - 12k IMO anyway