Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on rims :)

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hey guys, i thought it was time to get meself a pair of nice rims before tackling the performance part of my car. our local bridgestone has just got tyre & mag packages in wit 12 months interest free (good for me!!! :D ) and im lookin at a set of 17" ROH Furys.:dance: they have them advertised for $1560 for 4 rims and 4 brand new tyres + fitting & aligning (good deal?)

anyone with skills at photoshop wanna have a chop and post a pic of what me car might look like with them on? the pic i have of my car was taken with me fone so its pretty grainy so it might not be the best plus ive had the stupid vacationer stickers taken off and a cut & polish. any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Josh

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=14540&d=1143368025 (me car)

Attachments

• roh fury.jpg
    roh fury.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 4,826

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Hrmm dont really like them type of rims, but each to there own.. Everybody seem's be going around with them now-a-days and for that price youd surely want something different..

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah hrmm... im pretty much out the middle of nowhere tho haha, i gotta take what i can get! i thort it wasnt too bad, 17"s with brand new tyres, tyres themselves would cost what? $600 for a set maybe so thats about $900 for mags, i rekon thats ok for me. lol i rekon they would look wild on me vp, dunno why i just like em.

and yeah ure right, every man an his dog has them nowadays but they will look the sexier on my car :p

Cheers
Josh

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I like them. But thats just me, i like 5 spoke wheels that arent too over the top. I got my wheels and tyre package from bobjane for $1100. They are 17s. You can prob see them a bit in my display pic. They had a 12 month interest free deal aswell. Im still paying them off haha. got about $400 to go:)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
They are a nice rim, like Anton1o said, they are getting very common. But I'm sure they'll suit the vp nicely.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
cheers for the replies. yeah i think ill see what happens in a month or so. the sale is on till the stock runs out so hopefully they will still be there after i get me tax back so i can whack a fair deposit on them :p

if they're not, atleast ill have a base to start savin on then ill just go from there...

totally off topic, how do i get my parkers out!!! i got a set of green sleeves for my interior light and i have some leftover, thort id chuck them on me parkers but i cant get the buggers out haha :hit:

gonna do a boot neon after that i rekon, boot light is startin to s h i t me off hehe

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
heres a rushed one for you

Attachments

• crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 830

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
cheers snotty, thats really all i wanted, just an idea to see what they would look like, it didnt hafta be perfect. thanks mate!

if they are still there when i get my money together, ill grab them then have a look at lowering and getting an exhaust/extractors system put in.

my mates dad is a berklee, genie, pacemaker (+ some other brands i cant think of) dealer PLUS he owns a wreckers. he is my best friend atm lol, hes a ledgend. thinkin of gettin a 2 1/2" system with hi-flo cat and a set of genie extractors put in. should cost me just over $900

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
You shouldnt really need a hi flow cat if your not pushing out huge power figures, just stick with the standard and save some cash for other mods. Or put some pipe through the cat, which is VERY VERY illegal. The rims arnt too bad, but maybe a bit common, and 1500 seems a little high price wise if you ask me, what tyres are on the rims? If they are good tyres its not a bad price, the rims are always the cheapest part of rim and tyre packages, the tyres are what kick you in the nuts price wise

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah, i might stick with a stock cat...

the tyres are potenzas or turanzas i think. my mate got a set of ROH mantis (not 100% sure of the model name) for his VT, they look wild. ill check to see what he got on his and ill get back to you on that one, but from what ive heard, they are good quality tyres..