Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on supercharged auto ve clubsport

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Hi guys first post .
I have recently purchased a ve clubsport auto running full exhaust and a pwr supercharger running 9 psi it is currently in getting a tune and produced around 440hp at the wheels first run on the tune i bought it on but was not running very well my tuner is expecting around 480 with his tune new plugs, clean the air filter injector clean etc.
The auto was all over the place there was no differnece between sports mode and normal and it wanted to drop down gears when it shouldnt.
My tuner has put this down to a poor tune with the shift points set incorrectly and promises me a drastic improvement when it is finished but i still get this feeling im going to disapointed by this box.
I wasnt too impressed in the speed of the up shift in manual mode either i know i should of bought a manual but i got a awesome deal on this car.
My first question is who is recommended to get a box off that has been strengthened and shift speeds improved that other people here have dealed with and gotten good results?
Second question what brand and where to buy a good quality transmission cooler kit to suit my car from?
I have considered a manual conversion but after looking threw the forums everyones against it. Is there anyone that has done it and had a good result ei no rattles squeaks that werent there before hand?
Thanks in advanced for the replies

Regards
Daniel

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
A tuner should be able to work with your transmission and make it shift much better and adjust the shift points. Certainly worth giving your guy a try if you are confident with his abilities or you have already used him on other cars, otherwise ask him for details of another VE owner that he has worked on his tranny and check to see the results. Other than this wait for someone who has had a great experience first hand. In Adelaide we have used a guy to tune my brother's VE Calais 6.0 very well with the tranny being the standout feature.

I had a tranny cooler fitted by VCM in VIC, I am unsure of the brand though. From memory it cost around $700.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
There's a few good trans coolers to choose from; PWR and Derale are popular. As stated above, shift points and line pressures are adjusted in the tune. If you want a built box to handle more power/torque give Craig's Automatic Transmissions or Sure Shift Automatics a call. Both are highly recommended.

Last edited:

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Thanks for the replies ill wait until I get the car retuned and go from there.
Looking like ill go the pwr oil cooler kit