Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on what to do

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Squeaking rear suspension (they replaced the springs with new ones)

that happened to me once and now it's gone !

Knocking noise in front struts (placed a rubber dowhacky somewhere to fix that)

told the s.o.b dealer about it, he says nothing is wrong, * I told him if anything happened to me cuz of this I'm gonna find HIM,,,*

the CD's you are trying to play... are they burnt from the computer or genuine copies? I had errors with my stacker reading discs. Turns out it didn't like 'burnt' CD's to well. I made the exact same CD later that day but recorded it at a lower speed and it worked a treat. Presumably the CD I used was a cheapo or never burned on my laptop properly the first time around. But if yours are from a shop (let's say from JB HiFi) then you shouldn't be having any problems at all.

lets say I NEVER played an original CD on mine , All copied by my old computer on the cheapest CDs I could find * Princo=china , most of the time* and on the highest speed, and it never missed a beat :D. So I guess it has nothing to do with it

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you look through your owner;s manual, you will find a section dealing with warranty claims. It tells you the process to follow, which you have done up till now.

Unless things have changed in recent times, the handbook will steer you towards referring the problems to a zone manager or something similar - in other words, a Holden employee the next level up from the dealer, whose job it is to sort out warranty haggles.

Prepare a detailed list of all the faults, attach copies of each repair report you have in relation to every warranty claim, and forward it to the zone manager. Indicate your dissatisfaction with the dealer's service or his inability to repair the problems.

Holden don't like dissatisfied customers - it's bad for their reputation. Because of the large number of faults you have mentioned, and the inability of the dealer to rectify some of the more important ones, you may find the zone manager takes a bit more interest in your problems.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
^^^^

Best advice yet :thumbsup:

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
hey all. I was contacted by holden regarding the issues. The Dealer i bought it from is also the servicing dealer. They told me that i would need to leave the car with them for around 1 week for the issues to be fixed. I could rent a car from them for $50 per day. They would not discount me.
They also said that should there be any damage to the clutch it would not be replaced under warrantee, regardless of the faults with the slave cylinder.
I will be looking at my policy very closely, if they cannot do this I will challenge them till the death.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
They also said that should there be any damage to the clutch it would not be replaced under warrantee, regardless of the faults with the slave cylinder.
I will be looking at my policy very closely, if they cannot do this I will challenge them till the death.

I don't see hoe they could NOT replace the clutch under warranty.

Have a look here... Holden - Warranty Info

'Every Holden comes with Holden's New Vehicle Warranty, the vehicle workmanship and materials are covered against defects for the first 3 years, or 100,000kms, whichever comes first. This factory backed warranty includes coverage on the engine, transmission, clutch, interior and exterior components including corrosion'.

The car would be less than 3 years old but is it under 100,000kms? Holden warranty is pretty crap. I've read many dissatisfied customer complaints about Holden dealers dodgy practices and how they worm their way out of responsibility. It's part of the reason why I'll never buy a new car from Holden.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
hey all. I was contacted by holden regarding the issues. The Dealer i bought it from is also the servicing dealer. They told me that i would need to leave the car with them for around 1 week for the issues to be fixed. I could rent a car from them for $50 per day. They would not discount me.

Yep, stick to ur guns mate:thumbsup:

I don't see hoe they could NOT replace the clutch under warranty.

Have a look here... Holden - Warranty Info

'Every Holden comes with Holden's New Vehicle Warranty, the vehicle workmanship and materials are covered against defects for the first 3 years, or 100,000kms, whichever comes first. This factory backed warranty includes coverage on the engine, transmission, clutch, interior and exterior components including corrosion'.

The car would be less than 3 years old but is it under 100,000kms? Holden warranty is pretty crap. I've read many dissatisfied customer complaints about Holden dealers dodgy practices and how they worm their way out of responsibility. It's part of the reason why I'll never buy a new car from Holden.

The way Holden see it is the Clutch is classed as a consumable item. Having probs with it so early in the cars life, Holden are going to come back & say "the car has been driven hard". Im not saying that Classifi3d Calais has but thats what Holden will say.

After reading that, obviously the dealer hasnt red the warranty policy to well.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

WTF? So that is telling me that a factory clutch is only supposed to last 15,000 kays..?

Also with the hire car tell them that it is not your fault that they sold you a **** car so it shouldn't cost you a cent while they fix it.

I reckon at the very least before you do ANYTHING with that dealer go try another one to get a second opinion.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
I've read many dissatisfied customer complaints about Holden dealers dodgy practices and how they worm their way out of responsibility. It's part of the reason why I'll never buy a new car from Holden.

i cannot speak highly enough of my holden dealer, its not the closest holden dealer by home about 40 mins away, but every warranty issue i had was sorted out with a respectful and courteous service manager. The major warranty issue was a problem with the esp turning off a start up, sure they didnt fix it the first time but i was told at the start it was trial and error in tracing the fault but was fixed on the second(ended up being a dodgy bcm).Finding a good car dealer/tradesperson/any business is getting harder these days, so stop bagging holden if you dont like the service your dealer gives you,be pro active go find someone that gives you the service you pay for.

Last edited:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
....Finding a good car dealer/tradesperson/any business is getting harder these days, so stop bagging holden if you dont like the service your dealer gives you,be pro active go find someone that gives you the service you pay for.

Are you directing this at me or the original poster?