Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice... plastic window strips

Discussion in 'VL Holden Commodore (1986 - 1988)' started by silver88vl, Jul 19, 2006.

1. silver88vl

silver88vl No milk and juice here

Members Ride:
    1990 VN Berlina 5L
    i just got my front & rear windows pulled out of my car as the bottom of both have a small amount of rust.... now that the rust is gone i need to know how to fit some parts back on that broke from sun exposure. how do the plastic black strips along each side of the front window fit? clip in or glue in? & does anyone make these anymore because i kno holden has stopped makin all the stuff i wanted. the little plastic L's that fit in with the strip? how do they fit? & on the inside there is a black rubber strip the runs from the botom of the pillar up to the top & along the top... how does this get attached to the roof mouldin??? again help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers garth

2. VL Berlina 5speed

VL Berlina 5speed Apprentice Panel Pusher

Members Ride:
    Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
    these clips youa re talking about tohold it down arnt made anymore i think, my boss was trying to find some for a vl that we cut rust out and we couldnt, so in the end the moulds were urathained down, dodgy but thats they way it had to be.

3. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    Yeah mine has little rubber pads about 4 inch's apart down the side of the windscreen and my side strips are silkaflexed on too. Don't know about the roof mould part, try Calaisturbo.com.au for specific VL advice they are bloody fantastic there

4. gungazza

gungazza Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
    yer i just done some qwick fix on mine i used selastick seems ok:thumbsup: