Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice regarding wheel colour.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have obtained a set of these rims. Three are in good condition but one needs repainting. The colour is a very bright silver, almost like a natural metal finish. I've painted another set of rims in the past with Holden Quicksilver and this silver is much brighter, with a stronger metallic fleck to it.

I'm wondering if the colour for wheels called Titanium would be a good match. Can anybody advise if this is the case, or suggest a good match?

Attachments

• IMG_20181108_161114.jpg
    IMG_20181108_161114.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 182

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i had my gold rims redone in the factory paint code and they looked a bit different to the 15 year old paint that was on them. much brighter, but still very nice. I think the factory colours are the way to go.

tldr i just use the factory colour.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Not happy with the results on here ??? It's on my to do list for Wunday.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vy-calais-rims.273482/
Hey figjam.. I read that thread but the result you got is nothing like the colour I'm after. The finish is so close to natural metal that I actually thought the raised centre rib of each spoke was metal clear coated. I think this sort of silver is used on Euro Fords like the sports model Focus. It's precisely the reason I want to duplicate the factory finish if I can. I know there is a Titanium wheel paint, perhaps that's what I'm after.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Perhaps try a paint supplier and see if they can colour match them....Never know your luck....Might get the right colour