Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice wanted

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
only 14? are you the buying the car so you can wait until your 18 to drive it, or because your family needs it? if its just you, id suggest waiting a while, and you could get a VR/VS for almost nothing. it may be cheap at 800, but youll spend more on repairs than the car is worth

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
No, it'd be my dad's car I guess. :) Not for me....well not really. I'd just have a say in the matter though. I'd like somethign that I could work on with my dad.

I think I'd wait at least another 3 years before getting a car of my own.

Also, love your car stocky......very nice indeed.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure this is the gasket with the leak - "Sump gasket - The sealing edge of VN sumps have raised ridges to prevent over tightening, but the rubber gaskets can split and deteriorate with age, which allows oil to leak." Thanks to the d00d who posted the topic with the link to the VN help site.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ill sell you my vl if you want it! its about to move to mum and dads shed because my new place wont have a shed for a fair while.... :(

if thats all that is wrong with the VN then sounds good, but you have to be sure thats all. if its fair apart from that offer them 900 and say yes to his comeback of 1000.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Maybe........750, then I'll take it from there :p
Yes, the car's been looked after, not flogged by some p-plater. It needs a new windscreen and stuff. Anyway, we're going to have a look Saturday so.....

Also, what's the VL like?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
its a 5ltr so you wont be able to drive it anyway, search me in the vl section there are a few pics floating around....