Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice

Kingkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sedan
So I have lost my key to my VE and wanted to know what might be the best and cheapest way of getting a new one. Am I better of getting a new/second hand BCM and ignition barrel or going through holden to get the pin I require to have my new key computerised into my original one ?

Thank you!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yep, New key also my call.
you'd be best to ask for the build sheet for your car. I may be mistaken, but that should include the code/pin you need. You can't swap the computers like on VZ. On VE the number of associated modules requiring VIN matching will leave you on a Tech 2 for a week.

Kingkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sedan
Unfortunately I only had the one key for my car which was either lost/stolen. So how do I go about getting the build sheet for my car?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Unfortunately I only had the one key for my car which was either lost/stolen. So how do I go about getting the build sheet for my car?
The build sheets have been known to be found in some Commodores under the passanger front floor covering.
You might just get lucky.

Kingkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sedan
Oh great! Fingers crossed than. Thank you so much guys!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
eBay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Complet...ispr=1&hash=item4af61535f6:g:~IgAAOSwwlJdu9Fw

I’ve used these guys for a VS I had. All I had to do was provide the VIN and key code (or security code, whatever it’s called) and It was in my hands in four or so days for about $90 all up.

if you don’t have the code, go to a dealer with your rego papers to prove ownership and they will give it to you over the counter.

Kingkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sedan
Car has been out of rego for a while but have a letter from the last owner stating I had brought it from him

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
eBay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Complete-Key-Remote-to-suit-HOLDEN-VE-COMMODORE-We-can-cut-program-as-well/321956165110?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item4af61535f6:g:~IgAAOSwwlJdu9Fw

I’ve used these guys for a VS I had. All I had to do was provide the VIN and key code (or security code, whatever it’s called) and It was in my hands in four or so days for about $90 all up.

if you don’t have the code, go to a dealer with your rego papers to prove ownership and they will give it to you over the counter.
If i could get a VE key for $90 I'd buy a half dozen. I've been quoted $300 for a key and thats if i provide the original key and let them have the car for the whole day. And even then they dont guarantee the key will work...

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: