Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advise on supercharging my vt 5.0L 383 stroker

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Im happy with how it goes lol

A really good bit of reassurance blu 383 when using a cast crank is using a crank support timing cover and a brace

I know a few people that have snapped the front of the crank off with blowen 355 and 383 (even when using the blower brace)when not using a forged steel cranks

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vt supercharged 383 stroker
Sounds like you have built quite the beast there mate! I know what mine is like now so I can imagine what yours would be like!
Just waiting on GM rip shifter to turn up then it's going back to get the 6 speed put in and tune up finished, so hopefully soon I'll be joining the 400plus club! Lol

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Here is pic of myn mate

A lot of work to get it looking like this

And yeah it's pretty wild but honestly you don't need it, what the v2 had was more then enough for the streets and honestly it was probley faster before then it is now with the traction problem

163c83a1b2.jpg

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
Absolutely stunning mate! Awesome job you've done! Hopefully one day I'll be able to get mine looking as good!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
wow...looks like an animal!! nice work!!

an old mate used to say to me "horsepower don't mean ****, if the tyres don't stick" lol.......but who wouldn't want tyres frying at 100kph??

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Traction is easly solved

Throw on some Radials

Bit with the street tyres it can be a little slippery

It's all in how you drive, you would be supprised how much street tyres can hook up, they just carnt off the line that's all and when you stamp your foot

But apply power smoothly and you will be supprised

And thanks for the complements iv done pretty much every thing my self so it's pretty rewarding

But this thread is about blu383 so will get back to him, I was just showing a pic of what it can look like

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a while but a bit of an update, T56 is in. Had to get a delo bellhousing and a custom exedy organic clutch and a few other bits done but she's all done, run in and tuned. Got 409.4rwkw so I'm stoked with the results!