Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AEM Wideband OBD CAN + Torque App

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Hi All,

After having the issue with injectors recently on my VFII Redline Wagon, I decided to buy an O2 wideband kit from AEM. While I was having the issue, I kept my eyes on my LTFT and STFT just in case the injectors were getting really bad while Holden didn't have it in stock. That piece of mind was just for when the car was in closed loop, I was never sure if the injectors were performing well when the car was operation in open loop (chopping some fords).

I also got the wideband in preparation for mods where I will do my own tuning.

Last week I got the AEM Wideband gauge with OBDII connection for my VFII Redline Wagon and after a test install it worked without issues on the CAN bus. I don't have the HPTunners yet so I am using the Torque Pro app + a bluetooth dongle for logging. The sensor hasn't been installed yet but I managed to test it as the video below shows. The only trick is to create a extra PID with the proper settings which is covered in the video.

The next step is to get the sensor bung welded by a exhaust shop. However I got some questions for you guys :
-Has anyone got any exhaust shop suggestion around the hills area in Sydney ?
-Which bank should I monitor ? I read that it is better to install on bank 1 ( passenger side) because for some reason cylinder 7 tends to be the leanest.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
with my new build i have one of those for each bank going in just to keep an eye on everything and tuning, but for the last few years ive just had the one in the drivers side bank (american passenger side depending where u read the info) working fine i also had a bung i could swap it to the passenger side if i saw any issues to look further into, if u can weld it in close to the extractor after the merge if u can after stock 02's but before the cats for best results

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
with my new build i have one of those for each bank going in just to keep an eye on everything and tuning, but for the last few years ive just had the one in the drivers side bank (american passenger side depending where u read the info) working fine i also had a bung i could swap it to the passenger side if i saw any issues to look further into, if u can weld it in close to the extractor after the merge if u can after stock 02's but before the cats for best results

I am planning to remove the cat assembly and take it to the shop and probably do the both sides as you did.
I have a few more questions :
- How did you get the sensor cable inside the car ?
- The service manual states that the nuts on the cat pipe are one time use. Did you re-use it.
- Did you replace pipe gaskets ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I am planning to remove the cat assembly and take it to the shop and probably do the both sides as you did.
I have a few more questions :
- How did you get the sensor cable inside the car ?
- The service manual states that the nuts on the cat pipe are one time use. Did you re-use it.
- Did you replace pipe gaskets ?
make sure they are before the cats as they dont like the constant heat, for yours id say it would be fine with just the one sensor and u can always check the opposite 02 reading as it can tell u alot also without a wideband in there, im only monitoring both banks because im doing a big build and want to push the limits, the wiring i followed the factory 02 loom up and then went over next to the brake booster as im manual and have a big grommet there to go thru, i have a full system on there and i just use some stainless nut/bolts i got for it and i did use new gaskets and also will use just a little sealant also (very little) as there can be a slight leak sometimes and it can interfere with the wideband