Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerial motor mounting bracket problem

BIGbUrJe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer and VE SV6
I have just installed a new aerial mast in my VS and I'm having some difficulty reattaching the mounting bracket. I loosened the 1/2 inch bolt which secures the bracket to gain better access to the motor as I don't have a jack and couldn't remove the wheel to do this. I installed the mast without any problems and went to tighten the the bracket and could not, the bolt just wobbles around in the hole and won't take. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but if I had to guess I would say it is a worn thread, I can't tell for sure as the bolt seems to be designed to only loosen and not to come out completely. I am thinking of drilling out another hole and reattaching it just below the original if I can't get it back in.

Any insight into this or advice that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
The nut falls down behind the passenger side kick panel as Holden thought it wise not to tack this one in place.
Remove the passenger side kick panel, locate the nut (usaully under the edge of the carpet) & get an assistant to hold it in place with a spanner while you do it up.
Have fun :)

BIGbUrJe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer and VE SV6
Thanks Maxmadmat for your helpful response. After reading it I had everything fixed in less than 15 minutes. So simple when you know what to do.

Thanks again :)