Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerial stays up in VT...

Z

zooyorker

Hey peoples,
Just in need of a little help. I recently installed a new new pioneer head unit (DEH-P7650MP) into my 2000 S2 VT. I also chucked in a 12inch kicker sub and 850watt 4-way sansui amp. The problem that i've now got is the aerial goes up and stays up when i switch on the car as opposed to going back down when listening to a cd.
All the wiring seems to be right. I've got the pioneer loom going into an aerpro adaptor then into the existing loom in the commodore. The connection for the aerial is the remote wire for the pioneer loom soldered onto the amp wire also soldered onto the blue wire (aerial) on the aerpro adaptor.

Any help provided would be much appreciated.

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
zooyorker said:
Hey peoples,
Just in need of a little help. I recently installed a new new pioneer head unit (DEH-P7650MP) into my 2000 S2 VT. I also chucked in a 12inch kicker sub and 850watt 4-way sansui amp. The problem that i've now got is the aerial goes up and stays up when i switch on the car as opposed to going back down when listening to a cd.
All the wiring seems to be right. I've got the pioneer loom going into an aerpro adaptor then into the existing loom in the commodore. The connection for the aerial is the remote wire for the pioneer loom soldered onto the amp wire also soldered onto the blue wire (aerial) on the aerpro adaptor.

Any help provided would be much appreciated.

First of all, I have a S1 VS Berlina, and the wiring harness is identical. The probem you are experiencing is very common, and to my knowledge there is no "quick fix" for it. I have tried everything I know, and even consulted the help of a professional sound installer. It is just something that I have learnt to put up with. As soon as I turn on the head unit, the aerial pops up to say "hello!!!". Learn to love it, dont hate it!!!

P.S, if you figure out how to fix it, please let me know...

Cheers mate

Z

zooyorker

I spose i'll just have to put up with it...
I did read though that the commodore loom has 2 seperate wires for the aerial (1 to go up and 1 to go down) but the adaptor and pioneer loom only have one connection for it...

Anyways, thanks for your help mate.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Pioneer head units dont have Aerial control only remote out , means when your deck is on the aerial is up , only way round it is to mount external switch somewhere.

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
Aerial

Hey mate, This may be how the Pioneer systems are! I had a Kenwood system and the aerial would retract when listening to a CD. I upgraded and put in a Pioneer system and with the Pioneer, the areial stays up all the time. The reason I say this is that I wired the Pioneer exactly the same as the Kenwood was. Anyways. Doesnt bother me now.