Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aerial

joe b

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN V6 Executive Series 2
My aerial is stuck in the up position....I guess I'll have to pull the wheel arch lining off to have a look at it. The aerial seemed in good nic before it stayed stuck....Does this sound like something that can be fixed with a bit of tlc (a bit of lube and a movement)? I can hear the motor? whirr and clicking sounds like it is working normally when I turn the radio on, but of course the aerial is stuck in the up position. Whereabouts is the aerail module? I had a look at the link you posted markovr.

PS. I dont like they way the aerial comes up on the vn everytime you turn the radio on - ie even to just look at the time or play a tape.

Cheers for your help.

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Thats why theres so many problems with the aerials... They go up and down all freakin day, wears them out.

Might have broken one of the gears in the motor. Would not be the module if it will not move at all. Its either the mast, motor or one of the gears.

chopper1966

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
aerials

anyone know how to replace the aerial. Some %$#@er broke it off at the base. Do you have to take off the wheel arch or something?

joe b

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN V6 Executive Series 2
do a search for aerials in this forum chopper........there's a few posts that tell you what to do.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I have an areo pro in my VP now i think the motor is stuffed previous owner said it never worked 4 him either now i took it out n this is wat i found theres only 3 wires i black (which is spliced 4 some reason with another black wire) 1 red and 1 green. if i were 2 hook it straight from the car battery would i hear the motor no matter which red or green wire i put the +ve wire on or do they both need power 4 the motor 2 work?

my next question is the module? does ne1 have a pic of wat 1 looks like? i tried finding mine b4 n couldnt find it where its supposed 2 b so i dont think its there? ive also noticed the after market cd players antena wire isnt hooked up either doesnt look like it eva has been b4 if so would this mean it must b wired 2 the module somwhere?

ne help would b great thanx

Image010-1.jpg