Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aeroflow Coolant & Steering fluid tank issues

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Has anyone installed the Aeroflow Radiator overflow tank and/or power steering reservoir to their Series 1 LS1 VY? The plastic bottles on my car are pretty aged and looking pretty rough and I'm keen to replace them with the much nicer black finish aeroflow options:

https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/tanks/overflow-expansion-tanks/af77-1024blk
https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/tanks/power-steering-tanks/af77-1020blk

Just wondering if anyone else has used them and if there were any issues mounting them etc... Also noticed that the Coolant tank does NOT have a float, does anyone know how to check if my SS has this? If so is it an issue not having it?

Cheers

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
have a look to see if there's a sensor coming from the current tank, if you do have one its not an issue, just rig it to say that its at the right level (find out what the sensor is outputting and emulate it to be constant)
pretty sure that would do the trick

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea cheers mate, finally got a chance to take a look at the car yesterday, looks like I've got the float. Should have been obvious now I think about it as the computer has given me low coolant warnings before. Guess it's time to crack out the multi-meter.

Would have been cool to keep that functionality.... oh well. I hate the look of that plastic tank.

Cheers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
could always paint the original power steering reso

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea it's a fair whack of cash just for a reservoir, but I've got to drop everything in the bay for a full re-spray anyway and it seems a waste to put all the effort into a full professional paint job just to re-install those ugly reservoirs and ruin the look of the whole bay.

My mate had silver finish welded tanks in his F6 and it really made a difference to the look of the whole engine bay.