Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aeroflow cooler fitment VR V8

D

Dean1985

Hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted a larger aftermarket transmission cooler to their VR V8, more specifically an Aeroflow AF72-6000?

Its pretty large with a thermo fan attached.

Also wondering if anyone has fitted one in a completely different location to the norm?

Thanks lads and lasses.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You'll need to buy 1/2" NPT to barb fittings and some new hose clamps, then just make your own brackets with some flat bar.

Aeroflow are good but it seems kinda exxy.

D

Dean1985

Thanks for the response RJK.

I got the cooler from sparesbox during their 20%off sale. Since they were already the cheapest retailer i got it for 180 delivered .

I was more worried about placement of the cooler... its rather large. and bulky with the fan on it. I also wanted to try get it out the way of the radiator so the extra heat isnt going direct to it.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
In front of Rad is still the best spot for it. Don't stress over extra heat into rad.
Checkout my build. I got VX powersteering cooler and brackets from wreckers for about $10 and then re-bent brackets to suit VR. Mounted trans cooler to it, and spaced it out in front of a/c fan.
So if a/c fan is deleted in favour of elec rad setup to handle both, then you have truckloads of clearance for fat stacked plate cooler and fan.

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
i just finished fitting one, i still have air con and a fan etc.
had to trim front clip a little bit so everything fitted and just used flat alum bits and some rivets

D

Dean1985

Bevzan, thats awesome? How do you find it? Do you have any picks? Any tips?