Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Aeroflow/Holley/Proflow quad throttlebodies... your opinions and experiences

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
I am after some feedback and suggestions on the quad throttlebodies to use on my mild 304 build. I am keeping costs down as much as I can I don't want to spend thousands, but I am not going to buy the cheapest sh1t out there either.
Thoughts on performance, adaptability (throttle linkages, tps and iac), ease of use, overall fit and finish etc. It will be sitting on top of an edelbrock hi rise dp or torque power dp (if I can find one for good coin)

Engine will be built for 10.x:1 comp, standard stroke, possible 20thou over, cam either 230@50 511 lift, or 238/245@50 552/569 in/ex lift (this one will depend on how far I can stretch the budget for bigger valve train components!)

What success and warts and all failures have you guys experienced? Any tips and tricks for set up would be awesome also!

Cheers!
BB :cool:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have the Aeroflow 4bbl unit. It looks good, don't know how it performs as I haven't gotten that far yet :(

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
I have the Aeroflow 4bbl unit. It looks good, don't know how it performs as I haven't gotten that far yet :(
That's the one I have my eye on as you know, but looking around at other options like Holley, not too much fussed on Proflow or their quality but interested in peoples opinion on them.
How long before you get your's running?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
As long as they use gm sensors you’re all good.

I have a procomp one - uses a ford tps and a gm iac. Quality of machining is good, but they could at least supply with the correct sensors or tell you which sensors you need and what fitting sizes. It’s all guesswork.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's why I got the Aeroflow one, it uses the GM sensors so plug and play :)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
As far as performance is concerned they all are roughly 1000cfm plenty of air flow upto 700hp. So unless you're going to make over 700hp any will be fine.

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
I have a procomp .
I got the Aeroflow

How did you guys go with linking the throttle cable, did you have to buy any specific mounting hardware?

As far as performance is concerned they all are roughly 1000cfm plenty of air flow upto 700hp. So unless you're going to make over 700hp any will be fine.
That's what I was thinking. I mean, ultimately they're all basic in their form, 4 throttle plates that let air in.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
How did you guys go with linking the throttle cable, did you have to buy any specific mounting hardware?

That's what I was thinking. I mean, ultimately they're all basic in their form, 4 throttle plates that let air in.
Yea if it was carby it's a different storey but EFI you can have oversized throttle plates.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

I'm changing to a V6 throttle cable and then using a little ball fitting screwed into the TB arm.

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
I'm changing to a V6 throttle cable and then using a little ball fitting screwed into the TB arm.
Sounds simple and effective!
I was considering an Aeroflow throttle linkage assembly... i think I'd rather keep those $$$ in my pocket.

Would there be much benefit running a spacer (1/2, 1 or 2inch) with the t/b and DP manifold?