Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerpro stereo kits

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 LS1 6 speed
Awesome! I will probably order the stuff tonight. As far as I know, no one else in the US is running the Aerpro stuff in a GTO so it will be nice to get a kit that does it right.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Was going to say that.

My VZ Crewman has an Alpine CarPlay headunit and JBL GTO609c's in the front. So with almost no effort the car audio sounds amazing, and I have almost all the tech features of a new car.

the specs of the Rosen are pretty awful IMO (no offense intended OP)

iGo navigation (wtf is this even, i'm sure it's not great)
3 band eq - lol, ok.

i mean i'm sure it's not complete trash but the nav alone would have me rethinking it as a choice.

also noticed that is a "refurbished" unit. hmmm

i dunno man, if it was me I wouldn't buy it but that's not what you came here for, your money at the end of the day and if you are happy who cares what i think.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
why not upgrade to something with carplay or android auto?

most of those generic china head units suck.

as far as aeropro goes basically you want to get everything to ISO as that's standard - so vehicle to ISO, HU to ISO - join up - tada, job done.

The GTO is not my daily driver. I bought it brand new in December of 2004 and it only has 9950 miles on it. The reason for this particular Rosen stereo is that i have a similar version in my 2014 Chevy Impala and I love it. It has just enough tech for my liking but more importantly it looks like a stock stereo. The Rosens are definitely not cheap Chinese crap. They were designed for GM vehicles to be stock system upgrades that could also be used to add amps, cameras and video systems. They are not as sophisticated as today's offerings but it is good enough for me.

And I guess the real kicker is rhis... the Rosen stereos used to run about a $1000 USD back in the day. I snagged this one for $130 brand new! A freaking steal in my book. If the GTO was my daily driver, I would probably opt for something more techie.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
The GTO is not my daily driver. I bought it brand new in December of 2004 and it only has 9950 miles on it. The reason for this particular Rosen stereo is that i have a similar version in my 2014 Chevy Impala and I love it. It has just enough tech for my liking but more importantly it looks like a stock stereo. The Rosens are definitely not cheap Chinese crap. They were designed for GM vehicles to be stock system upgrades that could also be used to add amps, cameras and video systems. They are not as sophisticated as today's offerings but it is good enough for me.

And I guess the real kicker is rhis... the Rosen stereos used to run about a $1000 USD back in the day. I snagged this one for $130 brand new! A freaking steal in my book. If the GTO was my daily driver, I would probably opt for something more techie.

i definitely get this and that makes a lot of sense, I only have a single DIN HU in my Monaro, never bothered with something that has a screen in there.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
the specs of the Rosen are pretty awful IMO (no offense intended OP)

iGo navigation (wtf is this even, i'm sure it's not great)
3 band eq - lol, ok.

i mean i'm sure it's not complete trash but the nav alone would have me rethinking it as a choice.

also noticed that is a "refurbished" unit. hmmm

i dunno man, if it was me I wouldn't buy it but that's not what you came here for, your money at the end of the day and if you are happy who cares what i think.

No offense taken and I respect your opinion. The link to the one I posted is a random one I found on ebay. The particular radio I have is brand new. The IGO navigation is pretty decent and it can be customized to your liking. The Rosen has enough features for me to be happy. My plan for the rest of the system is Polk Audio 6.5 components up front and either 6.5 or 6x9 Polk Audio speakers in the rear deck. For bass I am contemplating custom enclosures in the side panels next to the rear seats. These will either be a pair of good 8s or shallow 10s. Not looking to win a sound competition, just want it to sound good and be reliable. Polk Audio is pretty good and I like them, not the best but definitely not bad at all. I am just happy that there is good quality pieces like Aerpro because the Metra and Scosche stuff for the GTO isn't that great.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah the rear panels near the passengers are pretty interesting i can envision some kind of nice enclosure there.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will post some pics of what some guys here in the US have done. If you are handy with fiberglass, you can do some good enclosures there. The main issue with US GTOs is that Holden put the gas tank in the trunk due to safety and emissions standards that needed to be met in a hurry, so that takes away some valuable sub room.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here are some sub install pics in the side panels...
images.jpeg

unnamed (1).jpg

Here are dimensions someone provided for a wooden MDF side panel box...

unnamed.jpg

And here is a trunk sub box... that carpeted wall is hiding the gas tank in our trunks.

IMG202.jpg

I ordered my Aerpro stuff this morning. Now I need to figure out speakers, subs and amps. Then I need to order amp wiring kits. My wallet is going to hate me.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hurried was a bad word choice on my part, pertaining to the gas tank. The way I understood it, and correct me if I am wrong, was GM was under the gun to get the 2004 certified for US safety and highway standards and was able to piggy back off of the Pontiac Grand Prix certifications. The gas tank was planned like you stated because it couldn't go under the rear seat first for safety reasons and second because of exhaust system tuning and sound. GM wanted the exhaust to sound a certain way and placing the fuel tank under the car would have interfered with that and they couldn't get it certified for the US NHSTA standards.

I've seen some of the Josh's car corner... not really a fan... something about his demeanor I don't like, I don't know... something about him.

Last edited: