Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFM PROBLEMS

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
tappers are rattling and slight clunk like a sticky lifter. Will are oil change and lifter cleaner in are bottle may help??????

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Won’t hurt to try it mate although if your lifters are gone the only real fix is replacing them, nulon lifter free is the additive you wanna use also have you cleaned the afm lifter screen thing under the oil pressure sensor?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Won’t hurt to try it mate although if your lifters are gone the only real fix is replacing them, nulon lifter free is the additive you wanna use also have you cleaned the afm lifter screen thing under the oil pressure sensor?
Yeah tried nulon lifter cleaner and castrol magnateck oil, where is lifter screen thing, oil pressure sensor at the back of the block isn't it???

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah tried nulon lifter cleaner and castrol magnateck oil, where is lifter screen thing, oil pressure sensor at the back of the block isn't it???

Rear LH corner of the valley plate. remove the sensor, a long tubular screen fits down in a recess under the sensor.

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Im mechanically minded, I get that the oil pressure sensor is on the rear l/h side, so you want me to remove it it and look for some sort of a recess area??? And I don't no what you mean about long tubular screen??? Meaning a mesh screen, glass screen wtf, sorry you have me just little confused please HELP

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im mechanically minded, I get that the oil pressure sensor is on the rear l/h side, so you want me to remove it it and look for some sort of a recess area??? And I don't no what you mean about long tubular screen??? Meaning a mesh screen, glass screen wtf, sorry you have me just little confused please HELP

Check comment #3,
its explains the location of the DOD [AFM] filter.

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Check comment #3,
its explains the location of the DOD [AFM] filter.
Thanks for the information,, sorry missed you first reply made me feel like a real idiot lol

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the information,, sorry missed you first reply made me feel like a real idiot lol

No problem at all,
Glad we can assist ;)