Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFR as cast heads

perthvzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ5.7SV8A42005
Hi fella's
Davey here in perth, i have got 2 pair of heads, mongoose 215cc AFR heads which i will use on the build im slowly putting together ( tell ya what the first v8 i built was when i was 17 in 1979, a 289 ford from a xr gt falcon, i spent about 2,000 dollars, how times have changed, you can spend 20,000 easy, i have officially stopped keeping count, it is too scary)
So i have also got the AFR 210cc as cast heads and some jesel 1.8 rockers
Question is do you think it is worth putting my 210cc afr's on my standard low km's 2005 vz 5.7 ls1 along with the jesel rockers, in the long run i intend to put the engine aside, so when i put the stroker in i will take some stuff off the original engine, then if i sell the car , which i hope i dont need to ever, i can take the stroker out and put the original back in.
I had been advertising the heads on gumtree, but maybe fit them up to the original engine with the jesel rokers as well, it adds about 25 thou to the lift etc, as i am sure you all know,
So has anyone here used the afr as cast heads, on anything and has anyone used these expensive 1.8 jesel rockers
I also have a 92mm fast manifold but from my research it looks like i should keep that for the stroker engine
Hey cheers guys, its my first ls engine, so always alot of questions, but am really enjoying the research.
This site is great, take care fella's

Reactions: Lex

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
make sure the rockers fit the heads/valves as some of those style have to have the head machined to suit, afr can have different length valves so the rocker height has to be right thru the motion