Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afstruct's 06 buell Firebolt

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Missed your note earlier, but they shouldn't take much cranking to start unless the battery is low (or tune is bad). When I put my new battery in it started so fast the first time I would swear it started before I pressed the button.

A Harley Davidson cruiser , soft tail , don't know if they made hard tails ( deuce would be able to say),https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/members/deuce.94869/,
has one . Think they started out as 1450 cc.

In the early 80's H-D released the 'softail' frame which looks like a hardtail but has suspension hidden underneath the transmission. In 2000 they released the 88B twin-cam motor and also a new softail model called DEUCE. It has smoother front forks, hidden fender mounting hardware front and rear, stretched tank, straight cut rear fender, the widest rear tyre available on any model, and the new bullet turnsignals that eventually found there way to most all other models up to this day. Basically a factory custom and dripping in chrome.

As per all softails they were 1450cc 5spd. Except the 03 and 04 CVO deuce's who got a factory 1550kit.
In 2007 the deuce (like all other softails) got 96" and 6spd. But that was the last year of the Deuce, as other models had caught up, and it wasn't really the standout it started as.
Equivalent to the breakout model of recent years as the most 'showy' model.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Interesting vid, my RD does the same unless you lean over the tank and keep the weight on the front wheel if you're nailing it to get a fast start. I'd think you lose a few races if your front wheel keeps leaving the ground??

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Missed your note earlier, but they shouldn't take much cranking to start unless the battery is low

Yeah, that morning when I left the misses place on the trip it literally died ( trip computer reset) before it started, so could not get any closer to not starting.

Thanks for that.
During the eighties Harleys were renowned for leaving oil stains wherever parked, except when the Japanese where making the cases. So no oil leaks anymore?

Ha ha ha, triumphs of the 60s , 70s same.
Reborn ones :- 90s onwards are all good ( different world now), people won't accept that in a new bike now .
Had no leaking issues with mine, low kms but 11 years old.

the widest rear tyre available on any model,
How wide ?
Your making me think about a cruiser again!!!
Took a 1250 muscle for a test ride a few years ago ( they didn't have a night rod special as a test bike ) .
Absolutely love the night rod = mat black ( how can you have a coloured bike with that name ) , air suspension ,custom parts , yeah absolutely love , but the money , wasn't willing to get rid of anything but the Suzuki ( worth 2/5 of bugger all),but it goes, responsibly when I remember to rev it ha ha ha ,)
I'm rambling again = love my bikes = been into them since a young bloke ( actually sort of hated Commodores back then ( along with alot of cars )) how things have changed!!!.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Winter has really started to hit today , still a beautifu dayl ,if slightly cooler day but now evening= a whole lot colder.
All this has made me remember back in late 90s ( yammy TRX 850 ( my second new bike))
Even though I had at the time, a HQ one tonner ,still elected to at in the middle of winter get up at 1.30 in the morning for a 2.10 leave for a 3.00 am start take the yammy.
Got pulled over by a very polite copper ( for a breath test ) ( I was not happy having to take stuff off or being disrupted ),don't know whether I was all over the lane or he just thought I was nuts for being on a being on a bike at that time of night/ morning and year . Ok it's not Europe but it's what your use to ( still dam cold )
Hopefully Monday I'll remember this and take the Suzuki to work, ha ha ha. )

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When the RD 400 was on the road cold nights were the bomb. Being an air-cooled 2 stroke it makes an extra 4 or 5hp when you cold air and a cooler engine.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Offset by the chattering of your teeth ha ha ha.
And youd already be coping the cold change that I'm only just starting to feel. ( made worse by the extended heat ( we new this was going to happen))
To be honest where I am located the biggest challenge is mental( compared to where you are or in Europe) and maybe needing heated grips ( which I've thought of getting for the Suzuki the last couple of years .
Guess what I'm shopping for tomorrow (if I have any sense).

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah boss had heated grips on his DL650 when he had it. Man when I used to ride on the road best I had was thick gloves, a flanny under my leather jacket and a skung over the top, orr and a balaklava. Not even a faring, bike was too old for that....

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm soo loving using the bikes again, so want to continue that, not just for smaller fuel bills but enjoyment especially on the trip home in the arvo .
The challenge is the morning starts even though colder and less traffic.
Yesterday on way home I just new this guy was going to move over on me so was prepared but layed on the horn anyway , didn't stop him moving over though and when he s fully in my lane he waives sorry (bit late now don't you think)
I do think was sorry got past him and didn't come near me again.
Not like some ( how do idiot tradesmen in work utes think they're anywhere near the acceleration power of a bike!!.).