Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afstruct's 06 buell Firebolt

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Those videos should be up and running.
That first pass would have been at about 3500rpm.
Don't know why the walk around video is blurry when I watch it from the post on the computer, the original on the tablet is clear.
Here's another one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Makes me want a bike i can ride on tbe road and not just on the race track

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Awesome!!!
I think 06 colours were yellow, red or black. But could look it up at work if you are really interested to know.

My mate was over earlier on his '10 iron which has a serious hammer performance kit in it (still running in). They are the go to if you ever need more from the motor.
How tunable is the ECU you have for it? Is it an EBR item? Or other?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Listening to the ride by vid on the computer with better sounds than tablet ( all that bass), does sound on the loud side when start to get into it , the pop and crackle on the over run gets me all the time.
All that riding around and thinking where to set up for and that little countryied outlook/ dead end street was less than 15 minutes from home ( I am lucky few minutes from lake views/ watersports to feeling like you live in the country).
And you live in Tasmania!!!
Awesome!!!
I think 06 colours were yellow, red or black. But could look it up at work if you are really interested to know.

My mate was over earlier on his '10 iron which has a serious hammer performance kit in it (still running in). They are the go to if you ever need more from the motor.
How tunable is the ECU you have for it? Is it an EBR item? Or other?
Thanks , yeah can't remember what other colors ( looked out all my paperwork today , for a brief instant thought I had a sales brochure but it was just the dealers (Frasers) one).
Did get the standard beautiful bag/folder.
20180506_172811.jpg

Always had my heart set on the yellow .
Did take quite a while to decide on the buell, tested , lightening, the adventure one, Honda firestorm, Ducati s1000 I think, triumph, Daytona, sprint and bmw r1200s.
When I bought they had a promo kits going, $99 extra, took the (action hero ) , not sure about that name, away, came with tank protector, a nice tool bag , strangely enough with tools ha ha ha ,( real ones you can use on the bike not show boats), a different seat( I recon it's more comfy) and the ecm
20180506_172913.jpg

Still haven't fitted it , instructions say the digital technician is needed to recalibrate the the tps. Had to look it out , in box with original exhaust and seat.
It's been a sxxt run with the bikes lately, new rear tyre on the buell the other month ( still not scrubbed in) then just under two weeks till it's booked in for it's service ( I do most stuff on the other vechices but for some reason get the professionals to do this, must be something about buying it new)., half way home Monday arvo and clutch cable breaks, snap just like that at the lever end . Figured easiest was leave it with them .
Then Tuesday about to leave work mate goes your Suzuki got a flat rear tyre.
So this last week pay for service and now a rear tyre for the Suzuki (not much tread left and already been repaired once).
Sorry this is becoming very long winded .
When I picked up wheel (with new tyre on it yea) on Friday was speaking to them about the buell and that made me do a few Google searches .
Yeah can't see me doing much engine wise in near future or till freshen up but found a us place that does carbon parts ( they seem to me to be responsibly priced , may be I'm nuts, ) , you could easily go to town with enough coin, but wouldn't mind hopefully getting a few pieces ( always wanted to put the matching right hand scoop on )

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
For me its just a matter of time before I will get another bike to ride on the road. How long that will be is anyone's guess. I have about $1500 to spend on my track bike and $700 of that I need to find this year. It will all happen but I have a house to finish in the next two months, a trip to Adelaide in late Sept and at the same time I need to give the bike mech the money to reshape the heads on my Yammy while I'm in SA. On top of that the ute needs some more work. I need a week off work and I might take that soon so I can finish off some jobs on the ute and finish the house.
I reckon a road bike is in my five year goal. I really want a Triumph 900 Daytona and no older than 10 years.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's why I like street bikes and cars = usable, can use alot more ( you can wake up go it's a beautiful day I think I'll go for a ride or drive ), in a sensible/ spirited manor and visit new places.
Don't get me wrong the drag strip and race track are great, love both , ( been on both and at my level it about enjoying and improving against myself), they really need to make more available offroad places/ tracks .
I don't understand authority/ laws , as a species we push limits, adrenaline junkies ( normal /average people)push limits, make more off road facilities available at a reasonable cost, sure you'll never take the idiot off the road but u might hopefully reduce by significant amount.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
They're getting up there in age , but they're the original modern Daytona aren't they?
Im not sue if I've read anywhere, what's your yammy race bike? Not an RD 250, 350 , 400?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
RD 400. Stock they are about 25hp at the wheel and weigh about 140kg. Mine is 120kg with a full tank and currently has 56hp at the wheel. With the improved heads I hope to be above 60hp. Big money spent though it owes me over $8k. But I will own it until I die so happy to keep spending coin on it. I don't know for sure but I suspect it would be the fastest 400 in Aust. I know it's not the fastest in the world because that one has over 80hp.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
They are a classic cult bike .
Wow that's not bad.
Always remember in the 90s reading about the aprillia rs250 and thinking what a good bit of kit and secretly wanting one.
I'll age myself here and say back in the day had a cx 500 and the guy over the road had a rd 250.
Let me take it for a spin , very entertaining light bulb, great fun , it did catch me out though , took this one kink which had a nice hollow/ kick at the same speed as the cx , so much less weight, bonce , wollow onto the wrong side of the road, lucky nothing coming the other way!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have pretty trick forks. A few years back i had Race Bike Services in SA rebuild the forks with emulators and the best fork springs on the market. Rear has Koni adjustables. When i first had tbe engine built i had the crank Blu printed. Blu printing makes the engine almost as smooth as a 4 stroke.