Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afstruct's 06 buell Firebolt

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Might have to start my own thread on it.

Would be very interested to hear about it .
Have certainly thought about cruisers over the years.
As said test rode a night rod special a few years ago, hopefully in a few years maybe be in a position , let Suzuki go ,it's worth bugger all and get a cruiser.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, Deuce, I have to thank you , getting me to start a thread on this has got me thinking about making this more my own ( not that I have obviously been disappointed or unhappy with it) .
Although probably just standard fair ,am keen to save for a few carbon parts.
Looking at it this arvo over a couple of beers , definitely thinking of heel plates, head light surrounds, oil cooler scoop, left hand air duct, right hand air duct ( although that might have to be full custom because of the micron exhaust), maybe get the headers ceramic coated in matt black, some quality springs for forks and rear shock to suit my weight would be good.
Other things like that engine kit your mate has .
Lots of this is a wish list that may never happen but it's got me interested.
Sore on utube a 2005 model in blue with orange screen, buell on tank / air box cover, wheels, it looked absolutely sensational.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not really/ I suppose Buell related ( but I'm not going to start a RF 600 ride thread) and it has been mentioned on this thread and using it more encourages me to hopefully use buell more.
So to encourage me to use Suzuki more in winter I got these yesterday
20180602_192343.jpg

20180602_192426.jpg

For those who don't know = heated grips ( the one area I've really noticed during winter that really feel it and haven't been able to change , that is cold/frozen fingers (hopefully this will change that ).
Managed to ruin throttle slider so new one coming from Melbourne .
A novelty for 2018 , an older bike that runs carbies and throttle cables ( what are those you say),(two , one actuation, one return ).
The acceleration ones outer casing ( throttle cable) had being broken at the adjuster on the handle bar for quite a while , so new ones coming from Japan. ( two weeks).
Can't complain ( quite amazing really) , 25 years old and can still fairly easily get parts .
Going to service /change a few other bits at the same time.
Blow up that first photo, red line 13,500 , ha ha ha. It is amazing to hold on to a gear that sometimes seems to go forever and ever.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got my throttle cable for the Suzuki last Wednesday and hopefully finish my parth at the back of the deck tomorrow so hopefully get Suzuki going on Sunday .
Interested to see how the heated grips go.
But when it gets a little warmer I feel the buell will hopefully get plenty of use .
I am , now I'm thinking about it feeling a little two wheeled use deprived .

H

harrop.senator

They rev a little further now this is my new daily and it's not even new. Things 14 years old but good it feels good to have efi back lol. I think limiter 18 in the 2012+ my limited 16.

Does a fat skid I like it

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 355

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Your gonna love those heated grips Afstruct. My boss had them as standard on his last bike and he said they are brill, especially when you leave for work and it's minus 3deg at 7.30am.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
They rev a little further now this is my new daily and it's not even new. Things 14 years old but good it feels good to have efi back lol. I think limiter 18 in the 2012+ my limited 16.

Does a fat skid I like it
R6 are good . 14 years old, it's a spring chicken, Suzuki is 25 this year . Needs to be 30 for club rego. Have never really thought about having it on that .

Your gonna love those heated grips Afstruct. My boss had them as standard on his last bike and he said they are brill, especially when you leave for work and it's minus 3deg at 7.30am.

Yeah ,one of the guys at work was telling me how great they are , he toured NZ on a bike fitted with them, said they were fantastic.
He's got a yammy TRX 850 , loves it , told him I use to have one and he can't believe I don't have it anymore . I do miss it a bit ,was a great bike.
Doesn't get quite that cold here although I don't believe that statement atm as a cold front came through this arvo . We have been spoilt this last week.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not happy just seen in the news local Newcastle Suzuki dealers closed for good. Always got fantastic service there, now I'm sure it's going to be harder to get parts.
He also has brought motocross and motard racing to newy , which hopefully will continue

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Long time since something happened here = even very limited use.

That first half of the last sentence is even true for this!!!!!!

Ordered back on november the 17th = a couple of emails ( even though they say , we'll get back to you as soon as we can) , from my experience = no!!!!! = no responses

They obsessively manufacture to order.

Early January = your order is complete.

To Jan 14th = your order has now been shipped!!

TO last Saturday February 1st * SOME !!!!!! WTF * of your order has been shipped from LAX === Grrrr = one side air intake is *NOW* not on it's way!!!!!!! GRRRRRR

To the quickest part of the experience (( pleasant surprise) that someone didn't steal either)) == they were sitting in plain view on the front porch when I got home this arvo.

Enough of a rant against others == now one against myself!!

About a week after I ordered I thought = maybe the right hand intake won't fit my bike with the micron exhaust.
Guess what? === correct!!!== I did expect this .

Ment to be wet this weekend = so fit oil radiator cover = easy , and headlight surrounds ( probably need to glue them on).

Air duct will need cutting and modifying to fit around the exhaust and hopefully make a new frame to infill panel that this attaches to and duct air to the back cylinder ( I think there was either an after market or factory option for this that actually helped cooling.
They doooo look pretty smick parts, though!!
Now !! just!! where's my left hand intake?!!!

https://i.imgur.com/auoE7PQ.jpg[/img]']https://i.imgur.com/ocMLXXi.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/auoE7PQ.jpg[/img]']https://i.imgur.com/yRG2F4D.jpg[/img]']

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well as said oil cooler radiator cover on =easy, got side tracked with other stuff and rained most of the day
,so head light covers not = managed to totally break one,original ( haven't tried removing the other yet)
Bought double sided tape today.
Oh yeah = went to start the Suzuki and a totally dead battery= dam .