Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After amps hooked up, ad more speakers??

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
Im looking at making some custom setups for amps and more speakers to run in a ute, sorta fancy like between the seats insted of hiding everything.

If i run the front speakers and rear speakers (ive put in) throught the amp instead of the headunit, and effectivly leave teh speaker wires from the headunit attached to nothing, can i hook up a second set of speakers to the headunit?? aswell as run the others off the amp? without overloading everything

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
yeah but there wouldnt be much point running speakers off an amp and then more speakers off the head unit as the amped ones will sound better and also drown out the speakers run off the head unit so why bother.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
^Agree, why bother? You can if you want too, quality will be the same (assuming correctly tuned system), but the amped ones will be louder and drown out H/U ones.

Personally I would leave the main speakers in the doors. Otherwise all the music will be coming from behind you and won't quite sound right. It will be like listening to a band with your back to them.