Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After Market seat help.

Zwei

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Sedan
Hi all,

I'm a novice car person, I am looking to put aftermarket SAAS Racing seats in my 1998 VT. The universal rails don't fit the vt unfortunately.
I'm thinking of buying a plate of metal to bolt the original seat base then bolt the new seats the plate.
I posted here hoping anyone has a better idea?
Bolting the seat to plates of metal would ruin it's crash safety and I am a little worried.

Thanks all, Zwei

Hi, again all.
As some of you have said, replacing the seat will break adr compliance.

I do need some replacement seats. Does anyone have a suggestion? or a suggestion where I can search for bolt in's?

Thanks again all, Zwei

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
probably not adr compliant
save racing seats for track cars

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm looking into modding my VR seats and it's a nightmare and something I can't alter too much and certainly not any structural components. Any seat mods require an engineer to sign off on the work, unless it's a simple retrim.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Bolting the seat to plates of metal would ruin it's crash safety and I am a little worried.

Thanks all, Zwei
Ah, yeah, it would compromise safety which is why unless it is an optional fit for your model, a seat swap that requires any part to be modified requires engineering approval... cause hitting the steering wheel in a crash aint fun

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if you are buying new seats then why not use the money for a retrim and bolster upgrade, have the foam bolsters changed to the same as a clubby or gts etc