Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After Opinions!!

TPB#76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz v6 commodore
Hey guys I’m just after any opinions about what colour I should respray my wiper arms, front and back. I’m not sure if a gloss black with clear is going to be to out there and look silly compared with spraying them with a flat black and clear? I’ll put a picture of my car so you can decide from that. TIA to all that comment
0C1BA50B-8020-4C10-B98F-852F36F08E9B.jpeg
AA99137E-C728-492C-BFAF-C3BAD4B6B486.jpeg

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hey guys I’m just after any opinions about what colour I should respray my wiper arms, front and back. I’m not sure if a gloss black with clear is going to be to out there and look silly compared with spraying them with a flat black and clear? I’ll put a picture of my car so you can decide from that. TIA to all that comment View attachment 228180View attachment 228181
Flat black, no gloss.

TPB#76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz v6 commodore
Flat black, no gloss.
Thanks mate that’s exactly what I thought. Do you think it’ll be ok with the clear over it or that’ll just give it a shine in certain lights? I only thought about the clear just as a sort of protection coat!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Thanks mate that’s exactly what I thought. Do you think it’ll be ok with the clear over it or that’ll just give it a shine in certain lights? I only thought about the clear just as a sort of protection coat!
Yes I reckon you already get enough reflections on the windscreen without possibly adding to them. Just give them another coat of the flat black when the time comes.

H

harrop.senator

I'd be running a satin factory black myself. If you've got some other stuff that needs doing same colour just buy some direct 2k in a can. Also from memory they're aluminium if break through the paint needs an etch primer.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d go a dark satin black.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d be more concerned with how the doors look than I would be on what finish of black to use. That’s some nasty damage.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I'd be running a satin factory black myself. If you've got some other stuff that needs doing same colour just buy some direct 2k in a can. Also from memory they're aluminium if break through the paint needs an etch primer.
Yep sorry, satin black.